Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

For fuck's sake @HarmonicGeneratorit's one thing for @FelatioLipsto watch Episode II but to watch the worst film series in cinematic history? Have you really run out of things to watch? 

On the bright side it’s the best ride at Disneyland Paris. We went on it about 6 times.

I gotta admit I have a soft spot for Keith Richards as Jack Sparrow's dad.  That alone made 3 and 4 worthwhile.  I'd not watch them again, mind.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Totally agree, the first one is really good.  Nothing highlights the law of diminishing returns like the PotC film series.

Yep, even the Fast and Furious series at some point thought we need to make these better. That said, and I haven't watched it since the cinema, I seemed to remember that the 5th POTC film was better then 3 and 4 because Jack Sparrow was reduced to being pretty much a sidekick

Yeah that was the issue with the franchise. The pushed Jack front and centre, when he worked as the side story to the main bit. Depp also went OTT with it and nobody could really tell him not to,

Though I'll give him credit, the fact he showed up to those schools and hospitals in costume whenever he could makes me forgive the rest of those films. I will however, never watch any of them again.

• Awards Moderator

In slightly surprising news, Pirates 4 is actually pretty okay! Far better than I remembered, and definitely superior to 2 and 3. They didn’t over complicate the story, they didn’t over-sillify Jack, they didn’t go overboard on CGI. It also had Stephen Graham in it, and Rodrigo y Gabriela did some of the music, both of which are good things.

• Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Pirates 4 I believe started as a different film called (of course) On Stranger Tides, which Disney bought and retooled to include Jack Sparrow. I thought it was 'fine', definitely no worse than 2 or 3.

The credits have it as “Suggested By” a novel by Tim Powers. Which is a new one on me - it’s usually “Based On” or “Inspired By”

One of the main gripes has been the aspect raitio of the early seasons of the Simpsons, as when they were remastered for HD they were no longer in 4:3, meaning that certain visual gags were not longer in the frame because the picture had been stretched. Disney have taken this onboard and are working on presenting them in their original aspect raitio.

I don’t work for Disney