Disney Plus

Weezenal

Set my subscription up this afternoon on my phone, super quick to do (email, password, Paypal, boom), downloaded the app in the evening to my Fire Stick and then had a scan through what was there, overwhelming choice of things to watch (in a good way). Decided on watching Endgame for the first time since going to see it in cinemas nearly a year ago, picture quality was fantastic, really crisp and sharp and I like that it has some special features attached to it

Gonna have a proper watch through tomorrow, still favoring doing a Disney Afternoon block to kill a couple hours a day

• Paid Members

We got it yesterday and I ended up watching The Mandalorian, which even considering I'm not really arsed about Star Wars was fantastic. My Wife then made us watch Lion King 2: Simba's Pride during tea, and then we stuck Recess on after which we thought still holds up even though the last time we watched it was during the initial run on SMTV Live.

My plan is to actually watch all the Star Wars proper but I've no idea how to start, do I go release order or chronological order? My current situation with the films is as follows:

Episode 1 - Went to see in the cinema when it came out, so I was 9. I had a panic attack in the middle of it and so only really remember that and them being underwater.
Episode 2 - Not seen
Episode 3 - Only really remember the lava fight and his wife dying. Pretty miserable.
Episodes 4-6 - I last saw them when they were on over Christmas back in around 2012, I can't tell you which one is which.
Episodes 7, 8, 9, Solo and Rogue One - Not seen.

Either approach is off-putting because I know I'll have to watch Episodes 1-3, does getting them out the way soften the blow or are they better sandwiched between the good films?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

We got it yesterday and I ended up watching The Mandalorian, which even considering I'm not really arsed about Star Wars was fantastic. My Wife then made us watch Lion King 2: Simba's Pride during tea, and then we stuck Recess on after which we thought still holds up even though the last time we watched it was during the initial run on SMTV Live.

My plan is to actually watch all the Star Wars proper but I've no idea how to start, do I go release order or chronological order? My current situation with the films is as follows:

Episode 1 - Went to see in the cinema when it came out, so I was 9. I had a panic attack in the middle of it and so only really remember that and them being underwater.
Episode 2 - Not seen
Episode 3 - Only really remember the lava fight and his wife dying. Pretty miserable.
Episodes 4-6 - I last saw them when they were on over Christmas back in around 2012, I can't tell you which one is which.
Episodes 7, 8, 9, Solo and Rogue One - Not seen.

Either approach is off-putting because I know I'll have to watch Episodes 1-3, does getting them out the way soften the blow or are they better sandwiched between the good films?

You can quite easily skip 1-3 and it won't really effect your enjoyment of 4-9 and the others. Plus it means you won't have to watch them which is a massive bonus because they are so bad.

Started my Disney Afternoon block today and decided to throw Gargoyles in as an add on, wow had I forgot what an incredible show this was (and that's after only one episode), the next couple of days are going to be a bit short as I've come across a curious omission, episodes 2&3 of Ducktales are missing as the list order jumps straight to episode 4 

• Paid Members

I got to see Spiderman Unlimited today for the first time. It was the follow up to the excellent 90's Spiderman cartoon. It was awful. However, I followed that up by watching Spiderman and his Amazing Friends and discovered an episode with The X-Men which I guess was their first cartoon appearance. It also provided this great shot of Charles Xavier

7699F163-748F-4CAB-9DC1-EA503541B2A2.jpeg

Edited by Hannibal Scorch