Disney Plus

Weezenal

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The app on LG Smart TVs is very slow that I had to bust out the stop watch. You can navigate to things pretty easily, but if I wanted watch a particular episode of The Simpson’s for example, let’s say ‘Last Exit To Springfield’ which is Series 4 Episode 17, the lag from getting to that episode from entering The Simpson’s section has taken nearly 3 minutes, with lag of up to 12 seconds per button press, compared to the 10 seconds it took to do the same on the PS4 app.

The episode plays fine, unlike the first episode of X-Men which was very choppy to start but settled down once the intro had finished, so it could just be first days bugs and such. It’s only really going to be an issue if I want to watch something in 4K, which the TV app supports but my PS4 doesn’t (not got a PS4 Pro)

Might be your TV or internet connection, we've got a LG as well and it's been fine for us.

9 minutes ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Might be your TV or internet connection, we've got a LG as well and it's been fine for us.

Probably is the TV, I think it’s one of the older models because when they did the WWE Network overhaul, the TV app went to pot.

Like I say, the Disney+ app does work and does play things fine so I don’t think it’s a connection issue, it’s just getting to certain things

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

No call for that. Calm it down. Things are bad enough out there, let's not bring it in here too. 

Yeah, you are right. @tiger_rick that was twatish of me. I apologise

51 minutes ago, DarloKid said:

seems to work fine on the Samsung app, no lag at all. Quick question, how many people can view it at one time per an account 

4 but I think 10 devices can be registered

2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

the bloody thing doesn't work in the Channel Islands. Great start to my first week of indefinite working from home and social distancing.

VPN? I used surfshark and it worked a treat

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Weezenal said:

Tried on Sky Q and it works fine.

Oh, is the app on Sky Q? That's surprisingly efficient from Sky, we waited ages for them to add Netflix and Youtube apps. Makes things a lot easier than having to watch Disney+ via the Xbox.

6 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Oh, is the app on Sky Q? That's surprisingly efficient from Sky, we waited ages for them to add Netflix and Youtube apps. Makes things a lot easier than having to watch Disney+ via the Xbox.

Yeah, being available through Sky was part of the deal for Disney+ having The Simpsons available to stream

Subscribed this morning watching it via Sky Q watched couple epsiodes of Simpsons earlier before starting the home teaching of my daughter and setting her up and getting her doing school work

The only minor annoying thing is I thought it would be like Netflix where it appears on the on Demand section rather then having to scroll down to apps and then scroll down to the bottom of that list to find it 

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The biggest revelation for me is that people still have Sky. 

My friend was proud that he managed to get a discount after trying to leave Sky last year. All channels include movies & sports and his broadband for only £115 per month rather then the £120 they had threatened to put it up to. I was gobsmacked

• Paid Members

I'm paying £71 a month for Sky Q, multi room, all sports, all movies, boxsets, kids tv, superfast unlimited broadband and an unwanted but apparently necessary phone line. Well it's cheaper at the moment as they've put a hold on charging for Sky Sports.

53 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

I'm paying £71 a month for Sky Q, multi room, all sports, all movies, boxsets, kids tv, superfast unlimited broadband and an unwanted but apparently necessary phone line. Well it's cheaper at the moment as they've put a hold on charging for Sky Sports.

That is outrageous.