Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Epic fail here. Registered through google play and it immediately said there was a problem when I tried to log in. Got an advisor on the live chat after about 20 minutes waiting who informed me that it had been blocked because it was accessed by a minor and that breached the T&Cs which clearly state it's 18+ only. It hadn't even been accessed by me, let alone a minor! His only advice was to create a new email address and sign up with that. Bollocks to it.

Google Play is shit at the best of times. 

Frozen 2 is launching in July so assume Onward will also be later then April. So VPN if you want those I suppose. I on the one hand admire them trying to keep the weekly nature of their shows like The Mandalorian as they did that in he US. But considering it’s 4 months late and we’re in lockdown, just release it all now.

The one thing I was blown away by, was the films in HDR. I had a quick look through Endgame and Toy Story 4 on my IPhone XR, and the images were absolutely stunning

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Do you work for Google? What a stupid retort. I had a Google Tablet and thought the store was awful. Too many broken apps or things that didn’t work

Thought I'd seen you did something related to Disney, actually. Still, carry on being a prick then cry about everyone else being a prick - as per.

• Awards Moderator
41 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I on the one hand admire them trying to keep the weekly nature of their shows like The Mandaloria

There is no possible justification for this. Other than to keep subscriptions live for 10 weeks. I'm flabbergasted you can 'admire' their method. 

I can understand them going weekly with Mandalorian to stop people just blasting through it during the 7 day trial. I imagine the vast majority of people who wanted to see it will have done so already through other means, but when your sinking in $100million per series, you’ve got to try and get people to pay to watch it

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Thought I'd seen you did something related to Disney, actually. Still, carry on being a prick then cry about everyone else being a prick - as per.

Tiger Prick more like. The only crying is from you and the fact you can’t use apps properly. Grim up north indeed.

@Onyx2 I think @WyattSheepMask said it best. Admire was a bit strong because yes, it’s stupid really. However when I watched The Mandalorian last year on that 1 episode a week schedule it was quite good to watch something like that and having to wait that time to see what happens next when we live in a Netflix binge in a day culture.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Who shat in your corn flakes this morning…?

I think that’s pretty obvious, though how it got there from Hull I’ll never know.

just found they have put all 3 seasons of Gargoyles. So that’s X-Men, Tron Uprising, Clone Wars and new Ducktails for me to binge watch over this isolation period

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Tiger Prick more like. The only crying is from you and the fact you can’t use apps properly. Grim up north indeed.

No call for that. Calm it down. Things are bad enough out there, let's not bring it in here too. 

The app on LG Smart TVs is very slow that I had to bust out the stop watch. You can navigate to things pretty easily, but if I wanted watch a particular episode of The Simpson’s for example, let’s say ‘Last Exit To Springfield’ which is Series 4 Episode 17, the lag from getting to that episode from entering The Simpson’s section has taken nearly 3 minutes, with lag of up to 12 seconds per button press, compared to the 10 seconds it took to do the same on the PS4 app.

The episode plays fine, unlike the first episode of X-Men which was very choppy to start but settled down once the intro had finished, so it could just be first days bugs and such. It’s only really going to be an issue if I want to watch something in 4K, which the TV app supports but my PS4 doesn’t (not got a PS4 Pro)

Edited by WyattSheepMask