Disney Plus

Weezenal

I’ve been following the social media channels for a while, mainly as I would imagine that’s where you will find new content announcements. The last few days, and I realise this is a ‘Old Man Yells at Cloud’ moment, but fucking hell what a bunch of entitled pricks people are today-

“why isn’t Frozen 2 and Rise of the Skywalker on there?”

”you should be offering this for free in these difficult times”

”make an app for my TV”

”not enough choice”

”they’ve only released 2 episodes of Mandalorian until the 7 day trial finishes, then they’ll release it all next week”

And it goes on and on like that. That trial one is a proper facepalmer.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

The Imagineering Story is fantastic.  The footage from the construction of Disneyland and interviews with imagineers who are sadly no longer with us make the first episode an absolute must watch for me.

Two Mickey hands up.

We’re watching that at the moment. Fascinating stuff, and amazing archive footage too. It says S1 E1, are they releasing weekly episodes?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

We’re watching that at the moment. Fascinating stuff, and amazing archive footage too. It says S1 E1, are they releasing weekly episodes?

Yes. I think there are 6 in total. Like Mandalorian they are doing the same schedule the US got 4 weeks ago. I saw the first 3 and were all great so going to watch the whole thing again

• Paid Members

Right so we started watching the Star Wars films in Chronological order and have done 1 and 2 so far. I’ll bullet point my opinions into good and bad.

Episode 1

Good:

Darth Maul lightsaber fight
Pod Racing
Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon

Bad:

The CGI.
Nearly everyone’s acting.
The film is almost entirely exposition and not very interesting at that.
Jar Jar Binks.

Overall a bad movie. Darth Maul only gets about 2 minutes screen time. It’s a crawl with a few good bits and Star Wars politics isn’t as exciting as George Lucas must think it is.

Episode 2

Good:

A lot more action to break up the boring politics.
The acting for the most part is better.
Yoda’s lightsaber fight.

Bad:

It’s 2 and a half hours long and needs to be nowhere near that.
The plot is massively confusing, with the clones being made by bad guys to help the good guys but then the bad guys control them again at the end, but Dooku is bad and tells the Jedi about Darth Sidious. Maybe we misunderstood but we couldn’t make head or tails of it.

Overall better than 1 because the flaws are hidden by actual things happening on screen almost constantly. Anakin’s path to the Dark Side is interesting to see unfold.

• Awards Moderator

The lockdown is serious if you're watching Episode II. Christ. Keep this up though, it's always interesting to hear the opinion of someone 'new' to the franchise.

I don't know how you can say the acting is better than I when the awful love scenes are in there. I lay all blame at Lucas' door as Christensen and Portman are capable of so much better. His script and direction are abysmal.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The lockdown is serious if you're watching Episode II. Christ. Keep this up though, it's always interesting to hear the opinion of someone 'new' to the franchise.

I don't know how you can say the acting is better than I when the awful love scenes are in there. I lay all blame at Lucas' door as Christensen and Portman are capable of so much better. His script and direction are abysmal.

Those two are shocking throughout but this one is held up by McGregor being better, and then Christopher Lee, Samuel L Jackson and co having decent screen time. I think Young Anakin is a better actor than old Anakin.

• Paid Members

I think such pity for that kid who played Anakin. The role basically ruined his entire life. He was massively bullied all through school and college and people still give him shit about it. Watch an interview with him and he comes across as moments away from committing a mass shooting.

24 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I think such pity for that kid who played Anakin. The role basically ruined his entire life. He was massively bullied all through school and college and people still give him shit about it. Watch an interview with him and he comes across as moments away from committing a mass shooting.

And that was in an age before twitter, which we saw the sort of shite that Kelly Marie Tran went through to the point that she had to quit the platform. 

Wasnt their a load of twitter hate aimed at the young girl that played Tony Stark’s daughter In Avengers: Endgame? 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

9 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Lads, take this to the Star Wars thread and tell me about old episodes of Duck Tales.

First episode was fun, Magica plotted to steal Scrooge’s rare dime by breaking out the Beagle Boys and turning them into Huey, Louie and Dewey (who had gone to watch a film)