Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members

Funnily enough @johnnyboy Pete Werner is our guest on the next episode of the podcast. I would love to get Tony Baxter on as guest, but only because he was such an important part of Disneyland Paris' original designs. I used to love looking at the DisneyandMore website, some of the concept work was fascinating. The owner of the site just recently died unfortunately.

Also, as a side note I have been watching some of the Yesterworld and Defunctland stuff on You Tube. The one on the lost Indiana Jones attractions was fascinating.

• Paid Members
Just now, johnnyboy said:

Huge fan of Pete ❤️

He's a good guy. He invited us out for dinner about 2 years ago when he was in London. We were discussing a project which never came off, but he was a great source of information and tips and had some cracking stories to tell. I think he's going to be looking at the travel company aspect tomorrow as obviously his travel company have taken a big hit on things.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

You can take me off ignore now Soapdish. 😝

😂 I have no one on ignore anymore, and yet this dickhead, because he thought it was breaking news, didn't even read the latest posts. Well, not the first time I've looked and idiot, and won't be the last.

That said, I need to complete my 3D collection, so it is still being purchased. Though I'll be waiting for the next 2 for £18 sale later in the year so i can finally buy Rouge One as well as I noticed it's not in my pile 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

The 4k complete boxset looks nice, but not £200 nice.

I'll stick with my blus and stream the 4k from Disney+

How do you find the streaming quality with 4k? We only have a 1080P (though it was / is a pretty good one). But find streaming in 1080p doesn't look as sharp as watching on a Blu and wondering if it's even worth bothering to upgrade, especially as I won't be buying 4k discs

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

How do you find the streaming quality with 4k? We only have a 1080P (though it was / is a pretty good one). But find streaming in 1080p doesn't look as sharp as watching on a Blu and wondering if it's even worth bothering to upgrade, especially as I won't be buying 4k discs

I imagine it’ll depend on whether or not it’s native 4K or upscaled HD. We watched WALL.E and Monsters Inc last week both of which streamed in 4K (I think all of Pixar’s features are in 4K) but I honestly couldn’t see much difference from what I remember from seeing them on BluRay. If there was a side by side comparison you might see something, but I imagine it would be very little compared to more recent releases.

Speaking of WALL.E, I think there’s a case to be made for that being Pixar’s best film

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Williem Dafoe is great an all, but I’m halfway through Togo and it’s so dull. Even he is phoning it in

I didn't mind that, actually. Thought the Willem Dafoe dog movie was way better than the Harrison Ford dog movie, which was really hard work to get through.

Timmy Failure is a half-decent Disney+ original too. Think a detective noir film but the detective is an 11-year old lad with an imaginary polar bear sidekick.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I didn't mind that, actually. Thought the Willem Dafoe dog movie was way better than the Harrison Ford dog movie, which was really hard work to get through.

Timmy Failure is a half-decent Disney+ original too. Think a detective noir film but the detective is an 11-year old lad with an imaginary polar bear sidekick.

We’re going through the original output, so Timmy is next and then Star Girl

My two year old has us persistently watching Cars and its only sequel, Cars 3. They get a really bad rep because of the commercial aspect, but I think they're underrated for what they are. Saw the third one on here for the first time and it's a lot better than I expected. 

Weird they went straight to 3 and skipped 2 completely.