Disney Plus

Weezenal

18 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The Mandalorian is getting a documentary released on Star Wars day, and Prop Culture about a collector of props and memorabilia is also coming may

I’m sure that’ll quell the moaning about weekly episodes and the lack of Frozen 2 and Onward

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m sure that’ll quell the moaning about weekly episodes and the lack of Frozen 2 and Onward

Onward is such a weird one because it’s not available to buy here yet is it, let alone be on Disney+. I see Frozen 2 has a coming in July banner

8 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Onward is such a weird one because it’s not available to buy here yet is it, let alone be on Disney+. I see Frozen 2 has a coming in July banner

It’s because it got fast-tracked to Disney+ in the US, I don’t think it has had a Home Video release in the US either yet. I’m not going to pretend that I know how what sort of distribution deals Disney has around the world, but everyone seems to think that because the US has it, we should too. That and that Disney+ should be free because of Coronavirus, that’s the other thing they love to moan about

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m not going to pretend that I know how what sort of distribution deals Disney has around the world, but everyone seems to think that because the US has it, we should too.

You don't think we should?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

You don't think we should?

Ideally. But then isn’t that the same reason Prime and Netflix have different content in different regions? Disney+ originals are available everywhere though

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It’s because it got fast-tracked to Disney+ in the US, I don’t think it has had a Home Video release in the US either yet. I’m not going to pretend that I know how what sort of distribution deals Disney has around the world, but everyone seems to think that because the US has it, we should too. That and that Disney+ should be free because of Coronavirus, that’s the other thing they love to moan about

Yeah, but what I don’t get, seeing as it was a day and date release here, is why it wasn’t at least available digitally here to rent/buy.

As we’ve seen with Frozen 2, there must still be a window here from when it’s released to buy to it appearing on Disney+. In fact I’m sure they said it was 4 months when they did the launch for it in the US. Frozen 2 was added quicker then it was supposed to in the US due to the start of the lockdown. Not sure if they still have a deal in place with Sky. The last one expired but I think something new was agreed in order to get The Simpsons. 

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Ideally. But then isn’t that the same reason Prime and Netflix have different content in different regions? Disney+ originals are available everywhere though

So are almost all Netflix and Amazon originals. My point is that if they can watch Frozen 2 in America, there's no reason why it shouldn't be available on UK Disney Plus as well. Regional differences are largely stupid unless you're talking about stuff like, say, Derry Girls which was picked up by Netflix internationally but Channel 4 would obviously want for their platforms (although series 1 is on Netflix too). We always miss out over here. UK Netflix is shit.

• Paid Members

So are almost all Netflix and Amazon originals. My point is that if they can watch Frozen 2 in America, there's no reason why it shouldn't be available on UK Disney Plus as well. Regional differences are largely stupid unless you're talking about stuff like, say, Derry Girls which was picked up by Netflix internationally but Channel 4 would obviously want for their platforms (although series 1 is on Netflix too). We always miss out over here. UK Netflix is shit.

I don’t disagree. But I suppose they will do whatever makes them the most money. So if for arguments sake Sky pay them £1 million to get their movies first exclusively in the UK for 3 months, Disney will take that. I think if they want to keep people paying for it, they need to put stuff on their quicker otherwise people will dip in and out. They apparently had a massive drop in subscriptions when The Mandelorian ended, though it’s bounced back. 

I have a DNS on my PS4 to access US Netflix and Disney+, but your right in that shouldn’t be needed

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don’t disagree. But I suppose they will do whatever makes them the most money. So if for arguments sake Sky pay them £1 million to get their movies first exclusively in the UK for 3 months, Disney will take that.

Admittedly, this is a different case. If Disney are signing exclusivity deals with other broadcasters for some of their content then that muddies the water a bit. That being said, I can still sympathise with those miffed that they're not getting quite as much as they expected or not as much as they're getting in America.

The Netflix / Amazon model is different in that they just carry far, far more content (and better quality) on the US versions than are carried pretty much everywhere else in the world, and it needs to stop.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Bicurious Dad said:

Onward is available to buy digitally in the UK from Amazon, probably other places.

I can only find Pre-orders in the UK 

Admittedly, this is a different case. If Disney are signing exclusivity deals with other broadcasters for some of their content then that muddies the water a bit. That being said, I can still sympathise with those miffed that they're not getting quite as much as they expected or not as much as they're getting in America.

The Netflix / Amazon model is different in that they just carry far, far more content (and better quality) on the US versions than are carried pretty much everywhere else in the world, and it needs to stop.

But the first paragraph answers the second. And this is the problem with regional deals. If you want a global product, of which these services are, the content should be available everywhere. The Studio Ghibli deal Netflix signed was everywhere but the US and Japan. The US rights were sold to HBO not long before the Netflix deal. They need to be smarter. 

• Awards Moderator
On 4/24/2020 at 8:05 PM, johnnyboy said:

The last episode of The Imagineering Story has been released today.  I like Mando, but this has easily been the best thing on the platform for me.

Same, we’ve been loving it. It’s been a Saturday night fixture and I’m sad that there are no more episodes! It has however made me even more desperate to get to a Disneyland once all *gestures at the state of the world* this is over.

• Paid Members

Something about King Cobra's in the National Geographic section that I don't think should be on a kids channel.

ADDED: It's mental if you try to leave the NowTV Movie Pass section. Sometimes they discount you to ÂŁ2.40 from ÂŁ11.99 per month. Must really need you.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

We're hoping to do something big for our silver wedding anniversary in a few years and there are two Adventures by Disney trips that involve backstage Disneyland and trips to Imagineering that are already occupying two of the top three choices.

That sounds incredible. We were planning on going to Disneyland for part of our honeymoon... it was going to coincide with Star Wars Celebration but that’s no longer feasible for us ... but this ... don’t tempt me like this!