Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members

I've just finished Mulan and thought it was phenomenal. Easily the best Disney film I've seen in years IMO and way better than all the other remakes they have done so far. But then I do like Martial Arts films more than the average bear and also stunningly beautiful set design.

21 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is there any word on the UK getting Disney star? From what I've seen it said Europe and there was a map graphic of main land Europe no mention of the uk/Ireland

It's on the fact sheet on their website on the price increase list:

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/documents/twdc_investor_day_star_fact_sheet_bcaead9c.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I take it we won’t be merging Disney Plus in to the tv and film threads?

Anyway, watch Soul. It’s just really lovely and touching. It pulls at the heart strings without trying to pull at the heart strings. The music is great and surprisingly done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Social Network it ain’t) and It’s one I’ll probably watch again without the kids, who weren’t all that interested.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I take it we won’t be merging Disney Plus in to the tv and film threads?

Anyway, watch Soul. It’s just really lovely and touching. It pulls at the heart strings without trying to pull at the heart strings. The music is great and surprisingly done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Social Network it ain’t) and It’s one I’ll probably watch again without the kids, who weren’t all that interested.

Enjoyed it, but thought they played it to safe. Probably their best since Inside Out

Didn’t think much to Soul, although I will give a second watch at some point to see if that changes. It just didn’t grab me in the way something like Inside Out did. I don’t know if coming so soon after Onward affected things, but it just seemed a bit bland

The music was very good throughout, I liked how they went with Jazzin the real world and electronic in the Soul world, but the actual story didn’t do it for me. Like I say, I’ll give it another go at some point to see if my opinion changes, but at this stage I’d put it down as a rare miss by Pixar

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm on a family group chat and they're all moaning about the house of mouse demanding extra money from them. If you're getting all that extra content as well then it seems reasonable. It's just a shame Hulu got the Orville. 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Yeah, I'm on a family group chat and they're all moaning about the house of mouse demanding extra money from them. If you're getting all that extra content as well then it seems reasonable. It's just a shame Hulu got the Orville. 

Hulu is majority owned by Disney, so I expect as Star+ is the equivalent to Hulu in Europe it will appear on there.

It depends what is on Star as to whether people think the cost is justified. I mean I think that just the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars stuff for 7.99 would be great value, but when you think that families might already be shelling out £100 for Sky, 8.99 a month for Netflix, 8.99 a month for Prime, 5.99 for BritBox, a little increase where you may be able to get things on existing subscription platforms could be taking the piss.

Looking at the trailer above I didn't recognise anything apart from Family Guy which I've never watched, and 24 which I watched the first 3 seasons. So for me, I won't be paying any extra for this content as I probably won't watch it, but I am happy to pay an increase to have access to the Disney/Marvel/Star Wars stuff.