• 1 month later...
  • Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's almost as if it was designed as a ride first then turned into a film. 

When Rudyard sodding Kipling isn’t quite racist enough, Disney will make up the shortfall. 

It’s because Disney Plus are doing a remake of Song Of The South. It’s starring Brooke Shields, Chris Langham and Spike Milligan is redoing his Curry and Chips persona to play Uncle Remus. Written by

Posted Images

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

The Lego Holiday Special is everything I wanted and needed today.

A fun game to play...

Hide contents

Spot the real voice actor.

Spoiler

You can tell who isn’t in the cast What’s App group. Poor Kelly in particular 

Absolutely loved the Lego SW special, a fun homage to all 3 trilogies with a brief nod to the awesome The Mandalorian series. Surprised but not surprised that they didn't get more of the movie casts to reprise their roles but the replacements didn't do a bad job, the actor voicing Palapatine in particular giving him a more Robot Chicken/Family Guy spoof personality than the more menacing movie one

So who else is awaiting the Fandom Menace Meltdown after they've seen the special? They gonna explode in anger right about how Rey now totally destroyed Star Wars?

Especially

Spoiler

about how she's now involved in the destruction of the first Death Star

Totally gonna miss the point about this being Lego Canon, and not officially Canon; and the fact this is just some fun stuff for kids (and adults) to enjoy!

Edited by Marc Ambush Solo
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
35 minutes ago, waters44 said:

Looks like the live action Mulan is now on Disney+ for anyone interested 

I recommend it. Watched it a few months back and is my favourite of the live action remakes

46 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I recommend it. Watched it a few months back and is my favourite of the live action remakes

Really? I thought it was a bit crap. The only live action remake I've really enjoyed is Jungle Book

• Paid Members
Just now, deathrey said:

Really? I thought it was a bit crap. The only live action remake I've really enjoyed is Jungle Book

A remake should exist because it does something worthwhile. Jungle Book impressed me, though rewatches have not been kind. Most of the other films are too close to the animated version (especially Gus Van Sant’s Lion King). Mulan, and lesser extent Aladdin try to feel familiar but with enough changes to justify them being made. And in Mulans’ case, being a better and more faithful adaption of the original tale. Like a more family friendly Crouching Tiger.

• Paid Members

I've just finished Mulan and thought it was phenomenal. Easily the best Disney film I've seen in years IMO and way better than all the other remakes they have done so far. But then I do like Martial Arts films more than the average bear and also stunningly beautiful set design.

21 minutes ago, kidzero said:

Is there any word on the UK getting Disney star? From what I've seen it said Europe and there was a map graphic of main land Europe no mention of the uk/Ireland

It's on the fact sheet on their website on the price increase list:

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/documents/twdc_investor_day_star_fact_sheet_bcaead9c.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I take it we won’t be merging Disney Plus in to the tv and film threads?

Anyway, watch Soul. It’s just really lovely and touching. It pulls at the heart strings without trying to pull at the heart strings. The music is great and surprisingly done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Social Network it ain’t) and It’s one I’ll probably watch again without the kids, who weren’t all that interested.

Edited by Mr_Danger
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

I take it we won’t be merging Disney Plus in to the tv and film threads?

Anyway, watch Soul. It’s just really lovely and touching. It pulls at the heart strings without trying to pull at the heart strings. The music is great and surprisingly done by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (Social Network it ain’t) and It’s one I’ll probably watch again without the kids, who weren’t all that interested.

Enjoyed it, but thought they played it to safe. Probably their best since Inside Out