Disney Plus

Weezenal

I recognised 24, Family Guy and the bits of Die Hard, but I think there was also Desperate Housewives, How I Met Your Mother and Lost in there too, which were all on ABC, which Disney own. Other shows that could added include the likes of Grey’s Anatomy, The Goldbergs, Ugly Betty, 8 Simple Rules those type of shows.
Obviously there will a whole bunch of other stuff not included in that trailer added the same day or close to it.

A £2 increase for all of the extra content that will come under the Star umbrella is perfectly fair in my opinion. There’s probably nothing in that trailer that I’ll end up watching apart maybe from 24, which I’ve never seen, but I’m sure there will be stuff I will watch to added in time, and that’s before you delve into the rest of the 20th Century Fox movie archive

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

For the amount of content you already get, plus with all the FX shows, Fox movies and TV Shows, and the ABC stuff, I think it' still greta value especially when you look at how much Amazon and Netflix now cost. I mean you are getting 3 new Marvel series which, similar to Mandalorian, are really films broken up into episodes, new films, new series and the disney/pixar back catalogue. In terms of quality of content, it is probably the most consistent of the streaming services. 

• Paid Members

Great news IMO. The potential film catalogue improves Disney+ no end for me not to mention the ABC sitcoms. I've been gagging to watch Home Improvement, Happy Days, Roseanne, Mork & Mindy, Spin City, Hanging with Mr Cooper again for ages. Of course they may not turn up but if they are going anywhere.

• Paid Members

I was going to pay for a year of Disney+ before the price rises in Feb, as I know that existing pre-paid annual subscriptions won't be affected, but will the Star stuff just become available to me if I do that, or would that be subject to some sort of add-on?

I still have a Sky subscription, but between Netflix and the expansion of Disney+, Sky must surely be shitting themselves a little. They have made it easy for customers to take those services within your Sky bundle, but not with any particular incentive or special offers, beyond ease of access. You still pay far more for Sky's entertainment bundle than those, and almost all the stuff that Disney are adding undercut Sky's offering.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I was going to pay for a year of Disney+ before the price rises in Feb, as I know that existing pre-paid annual subscriptions won't be affected, but will the Star stuff just become available to me if I do that, or would that be subject to some sort of add-on?

As things stand it just goes live on the current set-up at the end of February and will be in the last month of the first year of original subscriptions, such as mine, which are coming up. I imagine I’ll get an email around February time with a “Buy 12 Months for £X” offer or be given the option to just have it as a rolling monthly subscription.

If you buy a years subscription now, they’ll have to honour the current price point (£59.99 for 12 Months) to a degree, but that’s a question for their Customer Service to deal with

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

As things stand it just goes live on the current set-up at the end of February and will be in the last month of the first year of original subscriptions, such as mine, which are coming up. I imagine I’ll get an email around February time with a “Buy 12 Months for £X” offer or be given the option to just have it as a rolling monthly subscription.

If you buy a years subscription now, they’ll have to honour the current price point (£59.99 for 12 Months) to a degree, but that’s a question for their Customer Service to deal with

Just had confirmation from them direct renewals will be £59.99 until August. So any auto renewals before August will be the same, any renewals after will be £79.99

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

I still have a Sky subscription, but between Netflix and the expansion of Disney+, Sky must surely be shitting themselves a little. They have made it easy for customers to take those services within your Sky bundle, but not with any particular incentive or special offers, beyond ease of access. You still pay far more for Sky's entertainment bundle than those, and almost all the stuff that Disney are adding undercut Sky's offering.

I think I only pay £2.50 per month for Netflix through Sky. It was a no brainer to move my account to them rather than pay Netflix direct. I get Disney+ for free at the minute as I got it with a purchase I made somewhere, but I think I was that it's slightly cheaper if you buy it through Sky too(don't quote me on that though, as it may have just been a new customer offer). 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

All 5 seasons of the muppet show are coming to Disney plus next month, the first proper release for seasons 4 and 5. Amazing news, I just hope they aren't chopped to bits to avoid copyright on the songs. 

... Also be interesting to see if they keep the Chris Langham guest star episode in. 

TMS519.coldopen.jpg

• Paid Members

I'm looking forward to watching the Muppets again. Didn't think there'd be any concern about copyrighted music. I wonder whether it's taken this long to turn up and n Disney+ because they've been trying to  get as much of the licensing dealt with as possible. 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm looking forward to watching the Muppets again. Didn't think there'd be any concern about copyrighted music. I wonder whether it's taken this long to turn up and n Disney+ because they've been trying to  get as much of the licensing dealt with as possible. 

That’s the reason the chance of OG Muppet Babies is slim to none