• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's almost as if it was designed as a ride first then turned into a film. 

When Rudyard sodding Kipling isn’t quite racist enough, Disney will make up the shortfall. 

It’s because Disney Plus are doing a remake of Song Of The South. It’s starring Brooke Shields, Chris Langham and Spike Milligan is redoing his Curry and Chips persona to play Uncle Remus. Written by

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Until they launch it, no one knows. None of the Disney content has been edited. But the whole point of Star is to have a grown up section of the app which will need a pin if you have kids accessing so I am guessing they won’t.

Oh did they remove the horrible edit of Splash? 

28 minutes ago, TomJones233 said:

Seeing Fox stuff on Disney Plus is good. Will Alien and Predator movies be made under Disney? I doubt it personally.

Rumours that the new alien TV show may come on Disney+

Also, Disney have said the new script that's being written for deadpool 3 is R Rated. 

• Paid Members

Fucking "content drop". Listen to these arseholes. They're like Vince McMahon not liking people saying "wrestling". You can't say TV show or film, it's content. Homogenising wankers.

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fucking "content drop". Listen to these arseholes. They're like Vince McMahon not liking people saying "wrestling". You can't say TV show or film, it's content. Homogenising wankers.

That’s what every streaming service terms new movie/tv additions, just the way of the world these days

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Oh did they remove the horrible edit of Splash? 

I actually forgot about that. Did anyone find out if it was a TV edit or something?

Any dubious content have disclaimers at the beginning, or has has been the case in the last week, removed from the kids profiles (which are pointless for anyone over the age of 3 anyway)

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, gmoney said:

The Michael Jackson ep of the Simpsons isn't there either. 

Not exactly an edit. But I think it has been pulled from syndication as well.

Just found this https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/08/michael-jackson-simpsons-episode-pulled-by-producers#:~:text=An episode of The Simpsons,men when they were children. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
  • Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, chokeout said:

If it’s anything like their Sky deal, content will slowly start disappearing from other streaming services as the licences expire and become exclusive to Disney plus.
The big test for them will be if it’s just a content dump or will they be spending time on the bigger licences like X files and Buffy. Buffy is currently available on Amazon Prime but it’s the weird remasters, with the dodgy colour grading and crew members in shot. I wonder if they’ll show the original tv crop versions. 

Buffy is on All4 at the moment as well. Can't comment on whether it's the weird remaster or not, but The West Wing doesn't appear in the 4:3 ratio I'm assuming it was broadcast in at the time, so based on that it's quite likely to be the weird remaster?

38 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah, that happened around the time of that Finding Neverland documentary when the accusations were being brought up again.

Disney+ so far hasn’t edited anything out, they’ve got around things by having a disclaimer in the description about out dated stereotypes

0rmwoQ7.jpg

• Paid Members

Ironically one of the biggest complaints about Song Of The South when it came out was that it didn't have a content / disclaimer card at the beginning, mentioning the story was set after slavery and during reconstruction. Without it, it makes slave era plantations look like lovely places, filled with whimsical adventure.

Saying that, a disclaimer wouldn't save that film, it's offensive on so many levels and just not very good.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Song Of The South still isn't on there. 

The question was will stuff be edited.

Anyway it will never be on there. Disney banned the release of it in most countries around the time they had started work on an attraction based on the film which is only now being re-themed almost 30 years later. As to whether it should be or not is another thing. Whoopi Goldberg says they should, and I agree they should own their shit. But my memories were it was shit anyway. I feel most of the hype around it is based on the fact its been banned rather then if it has any significant value.