Disney Plus

Weezenal

9 hours ago, chokeout said:

All 5 seasons of the muppet show are coming to Disney plus next month, the first proper release for seasons 4 and 5. Amazing news, I just hope they aren't chopped to bits to avoid copyright on the songs. 

... Also be interesting to see if they keep the Chris Langham guest star episode in. 

TMS519.coldopen.jpg

Didn't Langham write a couple of seasons of the Muppets?

But will all of those still be there come the end of February? I haven’t got Amazon Prime, so if most of that is on there but coming to Disney+ for a small price increase as opposed to a full Amazon Prime subscription (is that still £7.99p/m?) then that’s your hook. 

I’m more interested in what movies will be on Star rather than the TV content, but there’s a few things I might give a try. I’ve never watched Atlanta for example, and it’s been a longtime since I last watched 24, it’ll be interesting to see if that’s aged well

• Paid Members

If it’s anything like their Sky deal, content will slowly start disappearing from other streaming services as the licences expire and become exclusive to Disney plus.
The big test for them will be if it’s just a content dump or will they be spending time on the bigger licences like X files and Buffy. Buffy is currently available on Amazon Prime but it’s the weird remasters, with the dodgy colour grading and crew members in shot. I wonder if they’ll show the original tv crop versions. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But will all of those still be there come the end of February? I haven’t got Amazon Prime, so if most of that is on there but coming to Disney+ for a small price increase as opposed to a full Amazon Prime subscription (is that still £7.99p/m?) then that’s your hook. 

I think that's overlooking what else you get for £7.99 from Amazon though.

18 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Buffy is currently available on Amazon Prime but it’s the weird remasters, with the dodgy colour grading and crew members in shot. I wonder if they’ll show the original tv crop versions. 

I believe they are the only digitised versions that exist. The cost to digitise and reformat for 4:3 isn't worth it for a 20+ year old show. Fox remastered them and that's ready to broadcast, whiny nerds or not.

12 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I did have it for about 4 months last year but didn’t use it anywhere near as much as other things. The free next day delivery is great if you use Amazon all the time, but I only ever seem to use it over Christmas now. Just wasn’t for me

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

I believe they are the only digitised versions that exist. The cost to digitise and reformat for 4:3 isn't worth it for a 20+ year old show. Fox remastered them and that's ready to broadcast, whiny nerds or not.

They do exist digitally, as the original dvd releases were 4:3 in SD. The Amazon releases are the only HD versions of them though. 

Considering they have already backtracked and started releasing the original aspect versions of the Simpson after the backlash (whiny nerds win!) I am intrigued.