Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Accident Prone said:

Has Disney had any examples of editing or censoring these shows so far? Seems kinda pointless to subscribe if they're going to removing anything they deem to be too explicit or inappropriate for their logo.

Until they launch it, no one knows. None of the Disney content has been edited. But the whole point of Star is to have a grown up section of the app which will need a pin if you have kids accessing so I am guessing they won’t.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Has Disney had any examples of editing or censoring these shows so far? Seems kinda pointless to subscribe if they're going to removing anything they deem to be too explicit or inappropriate for their logo.

At the min they just use disclaimers. Yesterday they did add parental control so under 7s can't watch things with racial stereotypes but this new content is totally different and will sit seperatly so who knows. 

• Paid Members

Ah, that pin mechanic sounds promising. I know Netflix and other services mix in all their content without any worries, I just never thought I'd see stuff like the X-Files, Family Guy, Die Hard and Borat directly associated with Disney. I guess that's the habitual thinking of someone who has always associated Disney exclusively with children's/family entertainment.

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Until they launch it, no one knows. None of the Disney content has been edited. But the whole point of Star is to have a grown up section of the app which will need a pin if you have kids accessing so I am guessing they won’t.

Oh did they remove the horrible edit of Splash? 

3 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fucking "content drop". Listen to these arseholes. They're like Vince McMahon not liking people saying "wrestling". You can't say TV show or film, it's content. Homogenising wankers.

That’s what every streaming service terms new movie/tv additions, just the way of the world these days

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Oh did they remove the horrible edit of Splash? 

I actually forgot about that. Did anyone find out if it was a TV edit or something?

Any dubious content have disclaimers at the beginning, or has has been the case in the last week, removed from the kids profiles (which are pointless for anyone over the age of 3 anyway)

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, gmoney said:

The Michael Jackson ep of the Simpsons isn't there either. 

Not exactly an edit. But I think it has been pulled from syndication as well.

Just found this https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/mar/08/michael-jackson-simpsons-episode-pulled-by-producers#:~:text=An episode of The Simpsons,men when they were children. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, chokeout said:

If it’s anything like their Sky deal, content will slowly start disappearing from other streaming services as the licences expire and become exclusive to Disney plus.
The big test for them will be if it’s just a content dump or will they be spending time on the bigger licences like X files and Buffy. Buffy is currently available on Amazon Prime but it’s the weird remasters, with the dodgy colour grading and crew members in shot. I wonder if they’ll show the original tv crop versions. 

Buffy is on All4 at the moment as well. Can't comment on whether it's the weird remaster or not, but The West Wing doesn't appear in the 4:3 ratio I'm assuming it was broadcast in at the time, so based on that it's quite likely to be the weird remaster?