Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

They omitted two of the fucks, keeping one intact. Though I can't say they were particularly obvious. Though it's not Disney's fault. PG-13 means only one F-Bomb in a film. Violence and gore is less of an issue in PG13 movies than naughty words, Americans are weird. still, prick and shit were both featured

"intact" in that he doesn't ever actually say it, cos it's just a long fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Admittedly, it's rhymed with another word which makes it obvious it should be fuck.

I watched it last night and it was incredible. I've seen it twice in London, and was blown away, but the original one is even better. I picked up on loads of new things that I hadn't noticed before, and the facial acting of most of the characters was super. 

I've seen a load of 'hip hop musicals' (Into The Hoods, Some Like It Hip Hop etc), and being a massive hip hop nerd I usually cringe whenever it's bought to the mainstream in a manner such as Hamilton. Not out of snobbishness or gatekeeping, but because it's just usually shit, and not very well done.

Not the case here. Hamilton is fucking great. FUCKING GREAT. 

I don't really have anything more salient to add. I loved it. The whole family did.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed it a lot. Feels a bit harsh to say however, Lin Manuel Miranda is several steps below the rest of the cast in terms of performance and look. The guy I saw in London was a hell of a lot better. I understand that he wrote it, and he's obviously an incredibly talented man, and I'm not even saying he's bad, but in wrestling terms it felt a bit like watching a Wrestlemania where most of the top spots are filled with Hogan, Austin, the Rock and Bret Hart but the main focus is on Tommy Dreamer.

Daveed Diggs was absolutely incredible. I saw an (excellent) understudy do the Layfayette/Jefferson parts when I went, but he was something else. 

31 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

And Trapped In The Closet by R Kelly of course. 

God, I forgot about that. Absolute mentalist.

@gmoney someone referred to Miranda as the "Jerry Seinfeld" of the show and fuck me, is that spot on.

Edited by SuperBacon
whats the deal with all these founding fathers?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

The Lego Holiday Special is everything I wanted and needed today.

A fun game to play...

Hide contents

Spot the real voice actor.

Spoiler

You can tell who isn’t in the cast What’s App group. Poor Kelly in particular 

Absolutely loved the Lego SW special, a fun homage to all 3 trilogies with a brief nod to the awesome The Mandalorian series. Surprised but not surprised that they didn't get more of the movie casts to reprise their roles but the replacements didn't do a bad job, the actor voicing Palapatine in particular giving him a more Robot Chicken/Family Guy spoof personality than the more menacing movie one

So who else is awaiting the Fandom Menace Meltdown after they've seen the special? They gonna explode in anger right about how Rey now totally destroyed Star Wars?

Especially

Spoiler

about how she's now involved in the destruction of the first Death Star

Totally gonna miss the point about this being Lego Canon, and not officially Canon; and the fact this is just some fun stuff for kids (and adults) to enjoy!

Edited by Marc Ambush Solo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Just now, deathrey said:

Really? I thought it was a bit crap. The only live action remake I've really enjoyed is Jungle Book

A remake should exist because it does something worthwhile. Jungle Book impressed me, though rewatches have not been kind. Most of the other films are too close to the animated version (especially Gus Van Sant’s Lion King). Mulan, and lesser extent Aladdin try to feel familiar but with enough changes to justify them being made. And in Mulans’ case, being a better and more faithful adaption of the original tale. Like a more family friendly Crouching Tiger.