Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Daaaaaad! said:

My two year old has us persistently watching Cars and its only sequel, Cars 3. They get a really bad rep because of the commercial aspect, but I think they're underrated for what they are. Saw the third one on here for the first time and it's a lot better than I expected. 

Weird they went straight to 3 and skipped 2 completely.

It reminds me of why there wasn't a Rocky V they just went straight from IV to Balboa.

Cars 3, maybe because of my expectations, was actually pretty good. Still low down on the list overall, but it wasn't awful. I think as time goes on and the novalty wears of Onward will also be down near the bottom of the Pixar list as well.

Started watching Prop Culture, really good mini docs on the making of Disney films framed around props/memorabilia. The Nightmare before Christmas episode was a highlight so far out of the first 3.

Obviously it’s a very Star Wars heavy day on Disney+ with Rise of the Skywalker being added, but there’s also been something new called Disney Gallery, which looks like its having new episodes weekly, covering the making of The Mandalorian.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I don’t know if this is different to the one they announced for cinema release next year or not because that was always announced as an Octoberr 2021 release rather than being delayed by Covid. I just there are a few Hamilton fans on here so figured it worth posting for them

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t know if this is different to the one they announced for cinema release next year or not because that was always announced as an Octoberr 2021 release rather than being delayed by Covid. I just there are a few Hamilton fans on here so figured it worth posting for them

I assume it’s the same one - a filmed version of the original Broadway cast. I know they filmed three performances for the cinema release one but I doubt they’ve turned that into two separate films.

As a Hamilton fanboy I’m thrilled I don’t have to wait a year and a half to see it, but still slightly disappointed it won’t be on the big screen.

July felt like so long ago yesterday, but today I’m looking forward to it. Thanks Hamilton 🙂

• Paid Members

Mrs. Facesitter is a massive theatre buff (stop looking at me like we're tories) and is obviously devastated at what's happening to the industry generally, so she's absolutely beaming about this. Never seen it myself but recognise the songs (she plays the soundtrack constantly) so I'll definitely watch this when it comes on. 

Although it's not in keeping with the spirit of seeing it as intended, if this takes off it would be great to see more of these available to watch in one's living quarters. Hopefully it's of some help to the industry too, however small, which you'd hope would find its feet again and have waves of people coming back to the theatre afterwards. I'll be joining them. 

26 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Mrs. Facesitter is a massive theatre buff (stop looking at me like we're tories) and is obviously devastated at what's happening to the industry generally, so she's absolutely beaming about this. Never seen it myself but recognise the songs (she plays the soundtrack constantly) so I'll definitely watch this when it comes on. 

Although it's not in keeping with the spirit of seeing it as intended, if this takes off it would be great to see more of these available to watch in one's living quarters. Hopefully it's of some help to the industry too, however small, which you'd hope would find its feet again and have waves of people coming back to the theatre afterwards. I'll be joining them. 

Sure your missus is aware, but there's currently tonnes of theatre shows available online. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

if this takes off it would be great to see more of these available to watch in one's living quarters. 

Sky announced they're putting on some musicals as well.

"Enjoy a series of weekly performances every Thursday night for 6 weeks from leading talent from the nation’s favourite West End Shows, including, &Juliet, SIX, and Mamma Mia. The first performance will take place on Thursday 21st May"

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/as-lockdown-continues-sky-vip-offers-customers-even-more-activities-and-experiences-to-keep-you-entertained

• Paid Members

I’m sure you’re all aware of this, but for the benefit of any other technophobes out there I’ve just noticed that a load of the films have an “extras” section. These extras can range from trailers, to gag reels, to deleted scenes and even full blown documentaries.

There’s also some films with audio commentaries, including The Last Jedi commentary with Rian Johnson that I’m looking forward to watching