Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members

I started watching Modok last night. It's from the Robot Chicken team so your enjoyment probably hinges on that, but ive enjoyed the first few episodes. I saw they added Bless the Harts which was a Fox animation which just got cancelled after 2 seasons. Anyone seen it?

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Muppet Haunted Mansion is an absolute treat, especially if you're a massive Pepe fan.  I don't know how well it would work for people unfamiliar with the ride, but even if you've never been on it there's tons of Pepe.

Couldn’t agree more. Best thing they’ve done since Christmas Carol, though still not keen on new Kermit

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Muppets from Space (+maximum Pepe) and The Muppets (+musical numbers +Jason Segel +Amy Adams -not enough Pepe) are up there for me at that level although MfS will lose many stars if you're not down with Pepe.

Personally I prefer The Muppets to Christmas Carol but that’s a very controversial opinion apparently. Should have made that clearer, me being vague.

Regrettably I’ve never seen From Space (Is that where Hogan pops up?) 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Pepe and Bobo fully justify the existence of Muppets Tonight and I'm so glad Pepe became top tier. 

I enjoyed Haunted Mansion, mainly because I'd recently watched the documentary about it on Disney Plus, otherwise most of it would be lost on me and it felt like the older frantic Muppet stuff. Wrong voiced Kermit can do one though. 

Count me in as another fan of Muppets Haunted Mansion, was grinning from ear to ear for the entire special, I'm still gradually getting used to Matt Vogel's Kermit voice though but it's improving. Hoping that they've sorted out the restoration for Christmas Carol and have it in full high definition with THAT song rightfully restored for over the Christmas period, especially as they are doing a concert tour of the film around the country from late November

On 4/5/2021 at 9:33 AM, John Matrix said:

Conversely, having grown up with the theatrical cut, I find the complete scene to look and feel rather odd, partially because of mental muscle memory, but also because the re inserted shots look like something out of a low budget horror and just feel tonally, quite strange.  

I watched a lot of 80s action films when I was young off the tv. I would record them and watch when my parants weren't around. That shed scene from Commando I had no idea existed until I bought the bluray decades later! 

• Paid Members

The 80s and early 90s were such a crazy time to grow up watching films for the first time. Horrendous hack jobs on films with huge chunks removed so they could be shown pre watershed. The classic examples being Romancing The Stone which was on ITV at 8 and cut to shreds with the classic ITV dubbing over all the swearing and then bang on 9 they just left it all uncut, as if anyone young watching just went to bed, and Robocop, which was edited to be shown on a Saturday afternoon to promote the TV series. Even the post watershed version never had the scene where the gang member crashed into the toxic waste. It blew my mind seeing that for the first time (after only seeing the still on the back of the VHS cover) 

4 hours ago, chokeout said:

The 80s and early 90s were such a crazy time to grow up watching films for the first time. Horrendous hack jobs on films with huge chunks removed so they could be shown pre watershed. The classic examples being Romancing The Stone which was on ITV at 8 and cut to shreds with the classic ITV dubbing over all the swearing and then bang on 9 they just left it all uncut, as if anyone young watching just went to bed, and Robocop, which was edited to be shown on a Saturday afternoon to promote the TV series. Even the post watershed version never had the scene where the gang member crashed into the toxic waste. It blew my mind seeing that for the first time (after only seeing the still on the back of the VHS cover) 

I don't think I saw the proper versions of Goonies and Ghostbusters until the 2000's. First time I saw the Corey Feldman translates for the Maid and Dan Aykroyd ghost blowjob scenes blew my mind.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Censors eh? Bunch of melon farmers. 

No Tony, I didn’t fun your wife. She just sucked my duck. Kiss my knee, muddy funster.

….. Will anyone get that?

5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

No Tony, I didn’t fun your wife. She just sucked my duck. Kiss my knee, muddy funster.

….. Will anyone get that?

Fast Show? Scarface had the wonderful “Hiw did you get that scar, eating pineapple?”

6 hours ago, chokeout said:

The BBC and ITV used to edit movies that were even on after the 9pm watershed.  Remember around 1990 when The Terminator premiered on BBC Two, it was cut to shreds.

Most of the time I think ITV only left the movies uncut if they went out after the ten o'clock news.

Channel 4 were the only terrestrial channel that aired movies uncut back then.