Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

Hook the Rescue Rangers comeback directly into my veins.

I loved Rescue Rangers as a kid. I just want to see some footage! I like the casting, even though we’re used to Chip and Dale just being really squeaky. But it’s been 18 months or so since it was announced. JUST SHOW SOMETHING!

Some great announcements today, but some of that stuff today is at least 2 years away. Madness.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

There's like a bazillion things going on for Disney Plus day. But fuck the rest because THIS.

Hopefully they can get Cathal Dodd in to voice Wolverine. None of the others sound right. 

10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Hopefully they can get Cathal Dodd in to voice Wolverine. None of the others sound right. 

He's confirmed as returning, as are Lenore Zann (Rogue), George Buza (Beast), Alison Sealy-Smith (Storm), Chris Potter (Gambit), Catherine Disher (Jean Grey), Adrian Hough (Nightcrawler), and Christopher Britton (Mr Sinister). Notable exceptions being Cedric Smith (Prof X) who has retired, and Norm Summer (Cyclops) who died last year.

Absolutely stoked this has finally been confirmed, 2023 seems so far away right now.

Home Sweet Home Alone is as bad as the trailer made it look.

Aisling Bea changes her accent 6 minutes in and then at least 2 more times before the end, and the film even makes a reference about how they shouldn’t “remake the classics”, which seems to a shot at Chris Columbus for something he said in an interview last year

If you’ve got young kids they’ll probably get a kick out of it (which admittedly is the point in it being made), otherwise go and watch Walk Like A Panther instead

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

The plot.

Reveal hidden contents

They're not criminals.  They're a couple who are about to lose their house who think that the Home Alone lad stole the only thing of value they had.

So, over a misunderstanding we see two people who are going to lose their family home get tortured.  There's no ill-intent on their side apart from getting the item back.

It's fucking horrible.

100% agree 

Spoiler

When it became clear they weren’t burglars I said to my wife the whole violence thing won’t work here. He wasn’t in danger, they weren’t bad guys, so it was just mean spirited. Absolute bollocks.

Home Sweet Home Alone. In the pantheon of shit Christmas films my kids will make me watch more than 5 times this is better than the worse Nativity and at least on par with if not better than the best one. So still pretty shit. Even if the dynamic in the home invasion is fucked up and stupid it still offers a few decent moments. It’s quite mad how they thought pitting two extremely likeable actors in Ellie Kemper and Rob Delaney against that little turd would create a good dynamic. It’s like having two upper midcard baby faces getting pasted by a meant to be baby face Dolph Ziggler in a 2 on 1 match.

@Chest Rockwellits pretty watchable despite its shitness.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Awards Moderator

I just watched Adventure Thru The Walt Disney Archives which I think has recently been added to Disney+ (though D23 members must have got it a year or two ago). If you’re interested in Disney history and archives and that kind of thing, there’s some amazing stuff they show over the course of an hour.

29 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I just watched Adventure Thru The Walt Disney Archives which I think has recently been added to Disney+ (though D23 members must have got it a year or two ago). If you’re interested in Disney history and archives and that kind of thing, there’s some amazing stuff they show over the course of an hour.

There's a two part documentary on the iplayer as well, pretty sure it's a different thing, but haven't seen the Disney Plus one.

Caught a bit of episode 1 the other night and it was very interesting. Still a right weirdo though, that lad.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08605f7/walt-disney-episode-1

Get Back has been great. It’s weird thinking they are what 25-28 during this, biggest band in the world. Sitting trying to pull music out their heads, no idea no band would ever be bigger than them. There’s parts talking about how they will look back in 50 years, I wonder how Paul and Ringo do now. 

• Awards Moderator

Putting it in this thread even though it’s not on Disney+ yet but Encanto is well worth a trip to the cinema. It’s cheerful and colourful, with great characters and fun songs. It’s not quite up there with Moana or Zootropolis but it’s still one of their best animated films of the modern era. Alan Tudyk is a toucan in it.