Disney Plus

Weezenal

1 hour ago, hallicks said:

*crap taste in film alert* I quite liked The Kings Man. I hadn’t seen the originals so I had nothing to compare it to. Just seemed like a fairly harmless action film to me. 

I thought it was pretty good. It should have been cut down quite a bit and would have been better, but I actually thought I wouldn't mind seeing Fiennes doing more of these.

However, Vaughan's conservative leanings always creep in on these films 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Really confused where we can discuss films like this now but as this has gone straight to Disney+ I’ll put it here and hopefully not upset.

Turning Red It’s an utter disgrace.

What I meant was it’s an utter disgrace that Disney just chucked this out straight to streaming. A far more fun film the Encanto which I thought was much funnier then I had expected it to be. Some lovely animation as well. This is the best Disney Pixar film in years. Though I do mean to watch Soul again, but could be their best since Inside Out. Just really enjoyed it. Disney need to stop treating Pixar as a glorified straight to streaming studio because this deserved a cinematic run.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Was just about to sit and enjoy Turning Red , but just read that it’s basically about girls going on the blob.  No thanks.

If only there was some clue in the title to warn us about this. Been reading a lot of replies on Twitter and it’s staggering how many men know nothing about menstruation. 

I thought it was brilliant.

The best bit for me was when 

Spoiler

She first turns into the Panda and her Mum is at the bathroom door asking if its "time". The Dad freezing in the background in fear at this was absolutely spot on and exactly how I reacted recently when my eldest started hers. 

Even growing up with two sisters and now having two daughters, I don't know as much as I probably should and that's something I need to educate myself on.

I also read a really lovely thing somewhere about one of the girls having a visible diabetes patch and that this is the first time this person has seen someone with one of those on film, and that's really nice representation. 

They get a lot wrong but small things like that mean a lot to some people. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

If only there was some clue in the title to warn us about this. Been reading a lot of replies on Twitter and it’s staggering how many men know nothing about menstruation. 

I’m sure it’s a wonderful introduction to the matter for young girls, who it is obviously targeted at, but for a middle aged bloke, who thought it was literally about a giant red panda, no thanks, I’ll stick with the Toy Story films.