Disney Plus

Weezenal

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I’m sure it’s a wonderful introduction to the matter for young girls, who it is obviously targeted at, but for a middle aged bloke, who thought it was literally about a giant red panda, no thanks, I’ll stick with the Toy Story films.

I really don’t think you’ve got the entire gist with it. But if you can’t relate to toys that come to life, talking cars, an energy crisis in a monster world, talking fish, representations of emotions or houses flying because of a load of helium balloons, a film focused on a 13 year olds struggle with her family dynamic in 2002 is really going to aimed at you.

40 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I’m sure it’s a wonderful introduction to the matter for young girls, who it is obviously targeted at, but for a middle aged bloke, who thought it was literally about a giant red panda, no thanks, I’ll stick with the Toy Story films.

It IS about a girl who can turn into a giant red panda. Whether that’s a metaphor being read into a bit too much is for the viewer to decide. 

20 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I thought it was brilliant.

The best bit for me was when 

Reveal hidden contents

She first turns into the Panda and her Mum is at the bathroom door asking if its "time". The Dad freezing in the background in fear at this was absolutely spot on and exactly how I reacted recently when my eldest started hers. 

Even growing up with two sisters and now having two daughters, I don't know as much as I probably should and that's something I need to educate myself on.

I also read a really lovely thing somewhere about one of the girls having a visible diabetes patch and that this is the first time this person has seen someone with one of those on film, and that's really nice representation. 

They get a lot wrong but small things like that mean a lot to some people. 

I’ve just shown my diabetic little girl this and she was proper made up. Shows what a massive difference a little representation can make. Disney just got a little less evil for today.

Not sure I’ll be rewatching this with any of the girls in a few years whilst bestowing the films true meaning mind. 

• Paid Members

If Pixar isn’t proper Disney then Fox, Lucasfilm and Marvel aren’t either. 

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

And they hung the film out to dry! Sorry, lost focus for a moment there.

Judging by the audience reaction, it was probably wise. Just out of curiosity, based on your last post, do you feel the same about letting your girls watch Inside Out?

6 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If Pixar isn’t proper Disney then Fox, Lucasfilm and Marvel aren’t either. 

Judging by the audience reaction, it was probably wise. Just out of curiosity, based on your last post, do you feel the same about letting your girls watch Inside Out?

They’re not proper Disney!

I recommended Euphoria to my teenage daughter, just jokes fam.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

They’re not proper Disney!

I recommended Euphoria to my teenage daughter, just jokes fam.

They call the shots at the end of the day. Anyway regarding Inside Out I’m just curious because I think the themes are pretty similar really.

• Paid Members

That many men are so uncomfortable with periods is why they should watch it.

Im pretty uncomfortable with them, only child, went to all boys schools, never really had an education on it, but I have a daughter now. A Pixar film where periods are represented as a big cuddly panda is probably a good level for me.

• Paid Members

Is it a case of Pixar know they're never going to have a cinematic release, so they're just going to keep putting these kinds of movies out now? Or is it a case of Disney knows Pixar is money, so keeps the on the streaming platform to try and bring the subscriptions in?