Disney Plus

Weezenal

Bobā€™s BurgersĀ S1-10 (so everything exceptĀ the most recent series) hasĀ been added today along with a bunch of Star Wars ā€˜Vintageā€™/Ewok related stuff including Caravan of Courage, Ewoks (two seasons), Clone Wars 2D Micro Series and Ewoks: The Battle for EndorĀ 

Theres some on social media claiming that Dinosaurs is being added next week, but Iā€™ve not seen that from any official/credible sourceĀ 

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bobā€™s BurgersĀ S1-10 (so everything exceptĀ the most recent series) hasĀ been added today along with a bunch of Star Wars ā€˜Vintageā€™/Ewok related stuff including Caravan of Courage, Ewoks (two seasons), Clone Wars 2D Micro Series and Ewoks: The Battle for EndorĀ 

Ā 

Also included in the Vintage collection is The Faithful Wookie which was part of the original Holiday Special and as people always bang on about - includes the first appearance of Boba Fett.

Ā 

The Ducks series is ace

• Paid Members

I watched Color Of Money the other night for the first time. It was a good film. I liked the callbacks to The Hustler. Some of the shots were nice recreations of similar shots from the original. Camera shots, not pool shots.Ā 

• Paid Members

I'm watching Commando at the moment, and the bit where Arnie comes out of the shed and chops people up with the buzz saw blades, machete and the axe feels like it has some really weird edits. It's almost like watching the daytime repeat of a WWE match when they used to freeze frame the chairshot then pick up after the blow has been delivered. They left in the stuff with Bennett at the end though.Ā 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Cutting Edge of Bluntness said:

BBFC had problems with that scene for years, haven't gotten around to the Disney+ version yet but the BBFC cuts are shown here.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It was also cut to get an R rating by the MPAA. I've not checked out the Disney + version but it could well be the R rated Theatrical cut. The uncut Directors cut has been out here on bluray for years.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, DEF said:

It was also cut to get an R rating by the MPAA. I've not checked out the Disney + version but it could well be the R rated Theatrical cut. The uncut Directors cut has been out here on bluray for years.

Conversely, having grown up with the theatrical cut, I find the complete scene to look and feel rather odd, partially because of mental muscle memory, but alsoĀ because the re inserted shots look like something out of a low budget horror and just feel tonally, quite strange. Ā 

• Paid Members

It left in all of the the pipe bit with Bennett, and the first part of the guy's arm getting chopped off was there, but it feels like it skipped the actual cutting of the arm, so you saw the machete come down, then it stuttered, and there was a little frame skip to the arm being off. It's weird if it was my Internet because that was the only instance of it happening through the whole movie. It didn't show him laying on the ground with his arm off either, which is fair enough. It also went with Alyssa Milano saying "punch your face in" as opposed to "kick your ass"Ā 

2 minutes ago, Abe_Knuckleball_Schwartz said:

Thanks will be watching this (again) the last episode though is pretty brutal!Ā 

I am still hoping that TailSpin is added at some point.

This is whatā€™s being added in April, or at least the stuff that theyā€™re promoting heavily, thereā€™s probably other stuff to come too

Ā 

• 2 months later...

Just got finished watching Luca.Ā I went in with low expectations due to it having its theatrical release cancelled and them thenĀ not even bothering to put it behind the Premier Access paywall.

Not one of their more ambitious efforts, but itā€™s an enjoyable enough 90mins*Ā if you get the time and I preferred it to Soul.Ā It felt a lot like a Miyazaki film in places

* itā€™s listed as 1hr41minutes, but the credits take up the last 15 minutes, so you can get done with it under just under an hour & a half.

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Wideload90 said:

Just finished the first season of the bad batch and the best I can offer it is that it's average. Easily the weakest Filoni output that provides nothing really of note.

I hope this doesn't set a precedent for future Star Wars content.

Yeah. Itā€™s fine but nothing that feels like it needed to be a series. Could have just as easily been a novel or a comic and we wouldnā€™t have missed out on anything. There were a few episodes I enjoyed though, and some absolutelyĀ gorgeous animation.

I always seem to look forward to it on a Friday despite relatively few of the episodes having wowed me. I havenā€™t seen the finale yet but still feel the same 16 weeks on - I donā€™t learn!