• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's almost as if it was designed as a ride first then turned into a film. 

When Rudyard sodding Kipling isn’t quite racist enough, Disney will make up the shortfall. 

It’s because Disney Plus are doing a remake of Song Of The South. It’s starring Brooke Shields, Chris Langham and Spike Milligan is redoing his Curry and Chips persona to play Uncle Remus. Written by

Posted Images

• Paid Members

I hear all the Muppet Show episodes on Disney plus are also hidden away behind parental controls and have disclaimers about offensive content at the beginning as well. Also a few songs missing for copyright reasons. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I hear all the Muppet Show episodes on Disney plus are also hidden away behind parental controls and have disclaimers about offensive content at the beginning as well. Also a few songs missing for copyright reasons. 

The parental controls is a universal thing across the platform, anything with a guidence disclaimer is 7+(or something similar)

18 of the episodes have got the disclaimer, which is a lot better than them being cut. Seems they have it cover everything from stereotypes to Cash singing in front of the confederate flag. 

I've looked through and it's amazing how much they've managed to put on. The Spike Milligan episode only seems to be missing in Europe, which is odd. Can't think what was in it that might cause that. 

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, chokeout said:

The parental controls is a universal thing across the platform, anything with a guidence disclaimer is 7+(or something similar)

18 of the episodes have got the disclaimer, which is a lot better than them being cut. Seems they have it cover everything from stereotypes to Cash singing in front of the confederate flag. 

I've looked through and it's amazing how much they've managed to put on. The Spike Milligan episode only seems to be missing in Europe, which is odd. Can't think what was in it that might cause that. 

Spike did a version of 'It's A Small World' with some problematic depictions, I think him doing a racist impression of a Chinese person is the major issue there.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
  • Paid Members

It's not the most inspiring line-up. There's some decent stuff in there, but there's not much that, if it were removed from Netflix, I'd be thinking 'oh no'. I'm literally only subscribed for Wandavision at the moment, and outside of a couple of Pixar movies I haven't seen, and a handful of documentaries, I'm not expecting to hang on to my subscription for long. It's a bit like what you'd expect to see in terms of movies and boxsets from a big Asda DVD section.

3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

This the same one as the Storyville one that's on iplayer?

Wasn’t sure if it might’ve been removed from iPlayer because of Star’s launch, but yeah it’s still on there for now. 
Watch it wherever you can, it’s amazing