Disney Plus

Weezenal

35 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Fast Show? Scarface had the wonderful “Hiw did you get that scar, eating pineapple?”

Hale and Pace. Great sketch. 

Edit: found it again. "Poppycock!!!"

Never forget the other immortal Scarface censored line. "This town is like one big pussy waiting to be fucked" into "This town is like one big chicken waiting to be plucked" 

Edit: it's not that sketch, I think it is Fast Show. I've got my sketches crossed 

Edit: fucking hell. Its Harry Enfield even. 

Edited by SuperBacon
Did you fun my wife

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Perry said:

The BBC and ITV used to edit movies that were even on after the 9pm watershed.  Remember around 1990 when The Terminator premiered on BBC Two, it was cut to shreds.

Most of the time I think ITV only left the movies uncut if they went out after the ten o'clock news.

Channel 4 were the only terrestrial channel that aired movies uncut back then.

The Terminator premiered on Moviedrome and was uncut and I know because I watched it with my dad. BBC2 usually showed films uncut like Channel 4 and only edited them if they were on during the day and had swearing in them.

ITV cut films regardless of when they showed them, case in point was RoboCop. But they got so many complaints about what they did to it that they showed it uncut a couple of months later. It was the incident that led to them and BBC1 showing films uncut in age appropriate slots.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

7 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

The Terminator premiered on Moviedrome and was uncut and I know because I watched it with my dad. BBC2 usually showed films uncut like Channel 4 and only edited them if they were on during the day and had swearing in them.

ITV cut films regardless of when they showed them, case in point was RoboCop. But they got so many complaints about what they did to it that they showed it uncut a couple of months later. It was the incident that led to them and BBC1 showing films uncut in age appropriate slots.

The continuity announcer said the movie had been edited for TV.   Here's the intro from the premiere that night.

Edited by Perry

• Paid Members

I've no idea about BBC 2 but I do know that when it aired on NBC it was edited by 7 minutes when it premiered in 1987. Perhaps it was that version?

I don't really get why they never had The Muppets go back to adapting classic literature. Treasure Island has a bloody great soundtrack and Christmas Carol is still the best adaptation of that. They could easily adapt things like Peter Pan. There's definitely Shakespeare plays that lend themselves to a Muppet interpretation (I'm not suggesting Kermit delivers Hamlet's soliloquy). 

It's just such a good formula that you'd think they'd have done more. 

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Vamp said:

I don't really get why they never had The Muppets go back to adapting classic literature. Treasure Island has a bloody great soundtrack and Christmas Carol is still the best adaptation of that. They could easily adapt things like Peter Pan. There's definitely Shakespeare plays that lend themselves to a Muppet interpretation (I'm not suggesting Kermit delivers Hamlet's soliloquy). 

It's just such a good formula that you'd think they'd have done more. 

Quite simply, money. Both Christmas Carol and Treasure Island flopped. Bombed at the box office, but fondly loved on video and TV. In fact, the only big film they had since the early 80’s was The Muppets in 2011. 

Now we have D+ their is no reason for them not to. This special was 50 minutes, perfect length for them to do more specials. No idea how popular it’s been in terms of streams, but everyone who has seen it has loved it, so if nothing else I hope this leads to more, because they have been often getting The Muppets wrong.