Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
On 12/14/2021 at 6:28 PM, chokeout said:

Booking my booster last week the earliest appointment I could get was 6th January and it wouldn't let me rebook an earlier one when they opened it up to under 40s. Gf had her booster today and rang me to say they were accepting walk ins. Anyway, long story short I've just had 2 cheese and onion pasties on the way back. 

Annnd I've just tested positive. Should have got a mcdonald's. Means I might have to isolate through Christmas and not see the family. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, chokeout said:

Annnd I've just tested positive. Should have got a mcdonald's. Means I might have to isolate through Christmas and not see the family. 

That's shit man, when did you first get symptoms? Because it's 10 days from then right?

Had my booster tonight. I have a horrible fucking toothache and now on antibiotics until I can have the bastard tooth removed in the new year, so I'm in no mood for a McDonald's as I won't be able to enjoy it. 

• Paid Members

No symptoms apart from a headache which I attributed to the booster yesterday. Do a test before going into the office and it came back as a faint line. Missus did hers and it lit up almost straight away so I'm guessing she's a few days ahead of me so we went to get a proper test done to check But it'll be 10 days from today which will take me straight to Christmas day. I finish work tomorrow till January and am supposed to be in Wales with my parents the day after so if the results come back positive it's going to be a shitty Christmas all round. 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, chokeout said:

No symptoms apart from a headache which I attributed to the booster yesterday. Do a test before going into the office and it came back as a faint line. Missus did hers and it lit up almost straight away so I'm guessing she's a few days ahead of me so we went to get a proper test done to check But it'll be 10 days from today which will take me straight to Christmas day. I finish work tomorrow till January and am supposed to be in Wales with my parents the day after so if the results come back positive it's going to be a shitty Christmas all round. 

That absolutely sucks, sorry to hear that pal. Hopefully it’s not positive.

• Moderators

Had a Moderna booster shot yesterday, no time and no options for fast food afterwards, feeling extremely tired today and that general malaise feeling of "am I getting sick?". Absolutely will need to get some KFC in me or else I'm fooked.

Dropping like flies up here a local event I went too has had  multiple Covid positives. I've been feeling shitty for most of the week but not tested positive, yet. 

About 6-8 people on my friends list tested positive on top of that yesterday. 

It's only a matter of time with this wave isn't it?? 

That sucks @chokeout, so sorry mate. Here's hoping the PCR is negative.

Someone at work has the Omicron variant. He was in my office the tale end of last week and his symptoms began on Saturday. I'm testing everyday at the moment and hoping to stay well. I don't know why the head won't just close the school. There is a day and a half of term left, nobody wants Corona for Christmas.

Had my booster Monday and felt like I've had a terrible cold ever since (runny nose, sore throat). Could have been the hour standing in the rain waiting for it. Could be omicron symptoms but lateral flows coming up negative and I don't have the symptoms to order a PCR. One of the student staff tested positive but that apparently means I've just got to do daily lateral flows.