Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

After two doses of AZ, I now have a Pfizer booster in me.

Hopefully this integration is more like the boost of the Radicals coming in and less like an nWo injection of a lethal dose of poison. My arm certainly feels like I’m in the Crippler Crossface.

• Awards Moderator

I had Covid a couple of weeks ago and I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. Absolutely horrendous and I’ve never been as ill in my life. Nearly an ambulance job at one point. Hope you don’t take the nosedive, @chokeoutand you get some kind of family-based Christmas fun.

Weirdly, I went out properly yesterday for the first time since my symptoms cleared up and after an overnight stay in East Croydon, I was probably about 500 yards from @Chest Rockwellwhilst he was getting his jab this afternoon. I’d have come over and give you a kiss but that would have been odd.

Edited by Frankie Crisp

Just now, Frankie Crisp said:

I had Covid a couple of weeks ago and I wouldn’t wish it upon anyone. Absolutely horrendous and I’ve never been as ill in my life. Nearly an ambulance job at one point. Hope you don’t take the nosedive, @chokeoutand you get some kind of family-based Christmas fun.

Weirdly, I went out properly yesterday for the first time since my symptoms cleared up and after an overnight stay in East Croydon, I was probably about 500 yards from @Chest Rockwellwhilst he was getting his jab this afternoon. I’d have come over and give you a kiss but that would have been odd.

Well you don't mention your post-vaccination eating habits at all so I'm going to presume you're a slack-jawed maggot and simply can't hack a bit of covid. 

• Awards Moderator
3 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

Well you don't mention your post-vaccination eating habits at all so I'm going to presume you're a slack-jawed maggot and simply can't hack a bit of covid. 

If you saw my Deliveroo order history you’d think I was invincible.

• Paid Members

Much like Chokeout, me and the Mrs did lateral flow tests yesterday. Her's came back positive so we went out and did the PCR tests last night. She's had a positive result confirmed earlier whilst I'm still waiting to hear. Either way, it's another Christmas in the trenches! 

Someone please bring me beer! 

• Paid Members

Had the booster, ate the McDonald’s.

My mum is still letting people in her house so that’s stressing me out. Although, I’ve been Christmas shopping which didn’t feel safe but more necessary than someone dropping off a present. So tired of all this but yay for science.

• Paid Members

Is there a particular system regarding the notifications after a PCR test? My Mrs got her positive result within 24 hours, where as I'm still waiting to hear. Our tests were done at the same times. Wondering if they prioritise notifying positive cases and take a bit longer with the negative ones? 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Is there a particular system regarding the notifications after a PCR test? My Mrs got her positive result within 24 hours, where as I'm still waiting to hear. Our tests were done at the same times. Wondering if they prioritise notifying positive cases and take a bit longer with the negative ones? 

Last month my result was back after about 16 hours, my wife's (submitted at the same time at the same centre) took a further 12 hours. Both negative. Luck of the draw.

• Paid Members

Can‘t help feeling that the PM’s hand is going to get forced here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59710649

He’s either going to be the hypocritical PM who puts the country in lockdown—again just before Christmas—at the same time he’s fighting the media reporting on he and his government’s parties during the last lockdown; or he’s going to be callous PM who did nothing and let people get infected—some die—by putting his own job and image above the health and wellbeing of the population.