Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

The picture was taken the same week as my wedding was originally planned. We postponed it until the following May, and then still were only allowed 4 people in the registry office anyway - my mum and brother (who were both masked) and the photographer. My wife's mum was not able to come at all because she has/had long covid. 

I'm just tired and angry. I'm also very upset that I know nothing will change come next election. Johnson will ride off into the sunset, and some other Tory cunt will be elected as Prime Minister. 

I'm also fed up of not knowing what to do this week. 

2 hours ago, Nexus said:

I'm also fed up of not knowing what to do this week. 

It's incredibly fucked that we've now had 2-3 days of paper speculation about incoming restrictions and essentially zero word from government on the matter, outside of "we can't rule out further restrictions before Christmas" and Raab doing the rounds chatting shit about the parties. Complete fucking abdication of responsibility.

Edit: the Cabinet is meeting at 2pm - got to think something will come out of that.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
On 12/18/2021 at 5:22 PM, Your Fight Site said:

Can‘t help feeling that the PM’s hand is going to get forced here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-59710649

He’s either going to be the hypocritical PM who puts the country in lockdown—again just before Christmas—at the same time he’s fighting the media reporting on he and his government’s parties during the last lockdown; or he’s going to be callous PM who did nothing and let people get infected—some die—by putting his own job and image above the health and wellbeing of the population.

He, and the entire Party, must know that he's on borrowed time, and there's probably all manner of heated meetings working out what the least popular course of action would be. Tory donors are likely to go full knives out against him if he shuts down before Christmas - and I think, broadly speaking, it would be the least popular move for the public as well, largely because of how much coverage last year's Tory Christmas parties are getting.

Nobody's going to believe that he's not breaking the rules this time around as well, and rather than the sense of depressing inevitability that's accompanied previous restrictions, it's really going to be viewed as "Boris has fucked it for all of us". I expect there will be restrictions on mixing brought in almost immediately after Christmas, and probably at least a two week hospitality shutdown in January, if not earlier and covering New Year, but the Tories must know that they just cannot afford to be the government that cancelled Christmas again, and definitely not in the current climate. I think whatever happens, I can't see Johnson making it to February in office. 

18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Seen loads of tories demanding Jeremy Corbyn makes a statement about his brother getting nicked. He should say he will do once Prince Charles denounces his paedo brother. 

or Boris Johnson denounces his rapey dad, tbf. 

• Paid Members

The whole point of what they did last year worked though so that's why they're sticking with it. Leak the upcoming decisions through their mates in the press 3-5 days ahead of time so that the idea is out, debated and any outrage or negativity is out the way by the time it's announced. It also keeps the attention away from the rather frightening policy decisions going on in the background and folk just accept it when finally announced. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I saw a comment on Twitter in the early hours that suggested ColdWarSteve's artwork had finally come to life with that photo of the cheese and wine which made me chuckle.

He's scuppered Liz Truss but I don't see how he sinks Sunak? And whoever is leaking the WhatsApp messages. Shameful that he didn't dial into the Cobra meeting last night either. 

• Paid Members

So we've had plan B recently, and the civil service gave apparently thought up three pote tial courses if action going forward. I know Option C is a full lockdown, but wouldn't he also have to see whether Trey Miguel really wants to give up the X-Division title for a world title shot? 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

and the civil service

Not seen it reported anywhere but after he made that announcement last Sunday, we all came in to an email saying we'd get paid time to volunteer to issue booster vaccines. Want a few thousand folk. Arse about tit.