Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Can someone tell me what I'm missing here. The primary school in the village I live in is tiny, less than 100 pupils. My neighbours boy has been sent home because there has been a positive Covid test in his class. His sister who is in the class above him but 2 years older still has to go to school along with the rest of her class.

That is madness isn't it.

You're missing nothing. It is madness.

29 minutes ago, neil said:

Saw on the news that the first granny to get the vaccine happened in the UK today. When's she going to start to transmit 5G waves?

It was just her booster. She’s from Coventry so obviously Gates already controls her and makes her put cats in bins. 

• Paid Members

Question because I'm unsure. When the initial those who have underlying health conditions are at higher risk information came out in March, Autisic Spectrum was included in that list. Does this mean with my Aspergers I'm more likely to be vaccinated in the 6th wave wit other 16-64 or will I still be classified in the age bracket I'm in? 

I've got another job interview tomorrow at a school, so it's mass preparation for travel and making sure I don't come into contact with too many people, which itself may be difficult as if I remember correctly Cheltenhams train station is narrow and tiny. But a little stability work wise for January onwards would do wonders for my anxiety levels for sure. 

11 minutes ago, deathrey said:

@Ralphyyour kindred spirit lives in Italy. Poor bloke has just been fined for breaking Covid restrictions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-55224031

Once when my step brother was over from Naples, he had a row with his missus and didn't come back for a good 30 odd hours, so this doesn't surprise me.

When they row, they do it properly.

3 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

You're missing nothing. It is madness.

The primary school kids are kept apart in "bubbles" who don't mix. Staggered lunch times and play times etc.

The reasoning for that is exactly what has happened there, closing down one classroom instead of an entire school.

If the neighbour's kid had any symptoms then his sister's class would be brought in to the conversation. 

9 minutes ago, dopper said:

The primary school kids are kept apart in "bubbles" who don't mix. Staggered lunch times and play times etc.

The reasoning for that is exactly what has happened there, closing down one classroom instead of an entire school.

If the neighbour's kid had any symptoms then his sister's class would be brought in to the conversation. 

Yeah I have two primary school age children so know how it works.

Still think its fucking stupid.

• Paid Members

I'm an NHS employee so I am to able access the vaccine now. I say that but the line for booking has been down since Friday morning and we've been told not to phone again until this Friday.

I'm not massively concerned about a slight delay but it did make me chuckle when they communicated that they had been caught out by the number of staff phoning up. I mean did they think people would wait a couple months to book. 

Edited by ElCece

33 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Dunno if it's the same as secondary school (primary is less different teachers/different subjects right?) but the teachers at those all mix between the bubbles. Keeps things more exciting.

• Paid Members
46 minutes ago, dopper said:

That isn't true though is it. The bubbles are mixing right now in my neighbours house. Lots of people have more than one kid at the same school in different classes. They are not going to remain in their bubbles at home, it is not possible. 

50 minutes ago, dopper said:

The reasoning you and the government seem to be suggesting is that kids can only catch it at school, which again is madness.  

• Paid Members

52 minutes ago, dopper said:

42 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

In my daughters Primary School she is in a class bubble. Except for other lessons of English, Maths and science, where the classes are mixed due to which level they are at. And lunch time, where it is staggered, but not enough to the point where she has often been sat on the same table, less then 2m apart, with kids from other year groups.

But she is still in a bubble though 😒

1 hour ago, ElCece said:

I'm an NHS employee so I am to able access the vaccine now. I say that but the line for booking has been down since Friday morning and we've been told not to phone again until this Friday.

I'm not massively concerned about a slight delay but it did make me chuckle when they communicated that they had been caught out by the number of staff phoning up. I mean did they think people would wait a couple months to book. 

Telephone line for booking...what is this 1998? Seems horribly inefficient.