Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

2 minutes ago, TomJones233 said:

Too many people are getting ahead of themselves here. The Vaccine coming is fantastic, But its not gonna be the miracle, people expect it to be. Plus most of us, won't be vaccinated until Easter at the earilest. Lets just keep going with our distancing, and keep this lockdown up.

Yeah. First batch is 800k but it’s two vaccinations per person, so it’s 400k people. Front line and care homes are top of the list but there are 380k of them in England alone. 
Is this a case of getting some in ASAP because come January 1st we won’t be able to get them over from Belgium like we can now?

5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Yeah. First batch is 800k but it’s two vaccinations per person, so it’s 400k people. Front line and care homes are top of the list but there are 380k of them in England alone. 
Is this a case of getting some in ASAP because come January 1st we won’t be able to get them over from Belgium like we can now?

Very likely. I'll be taking it when I can. But The Tories are sneaky as rats, And Brexit is looming. It wouldn't shock me if they are panicking about the access so its being rushed in. I'm just saying, while this is awesome news, you are able to question these lot. They've never had our best intrests at heart. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

100%

Another potential worrying thing I heard at work this week is a looming shortage of needles,  given the combo of Brexit logistics barriers and demand due the vaccination. 

• Paid Members

Zero self-awareness whatsoever: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55168634

A US mayor who flew off by private jet on holiday while urging residents to stay home is the latest politician to be accused of Covid-19 hypocrisy.

Steve Adler, leader of Austin, Texas, went on a family getaway to Mexico as he told people to keep indoors amid spiralling virus caseloads.

He recorded a video from the beach resort instructing residents back home: "This is not the time to relax."

Edited by Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

I tested positive yesterday. Woke up with a headache but didn’t think much of it, it wasn’t until a few hours later when a fever hit and I started to feel really, really knackered that I thought I should get tested. Managed to get one within an hour and the results came about 7 hours later, not bad considering this area is pretty bad atm. Think I’ve been lucky so far as the symptoms just feel like a mild flu, lemsips seem to be doing the job and thankfully I still have taste and smell so I’m gonna use my 10 days off work to finally crack bread making.

Edited by stumobir