Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Pleased to say I survived the rona. I only had a bad couple of days were I felt really shitty, the rest of the time I just felt unbelievably tired, fatigue like I’d never felt before. That still hasn’t fully shifted but I’m definitely more sprightly by the day. I did end up losing my taste and smell which was bizarre and sucked. I was in the middle of doing a batch of chutney for Christmas when I noticed that the onion and vinegar didn’t have as much as a whiff to it, that stuck around for about a week but I’m still not convinced I’ve got the full range and depth of taste that I had before. My work have been pretty good about everything, appreciated that I got tested with only mild symptoms and as I was only supposed to return to work for one day after isolation before going back off for a week. they didn’t see the point so have given me the extra time to play PS/“recover”.

31 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

Is their a Covid announcement today by BOJO the clown?? 

Not an announcement as such, but there's ongoing discussions between the UK leaders about whether or not to strengthen the tier rules, but it’s been said that the 23rd-27th Ceasefire we’ve negotiated with the Virus is “unlikely to change”

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Yeah, there's talk that something is supposed to be in the pipeline regarding tiers being reorganised. Round here we're somehow labouring under the delusion that things are going to Tier 2, but I can't see it happening. 

• Paid Members

I know I was in the minority bemoaning the naming of the 3 tiers as medium, high and very high rather than low, med & high but I'm back on that line. What are they calling this new level, very very high or extremely high? 

Johnson said from the very beginning that he would make sure Christmas still happened. Even a few days ago, he was holding firm to that. We knew this was coming though. At least we've been given a few days notice of this.

Making that phone call to my mum 15 minutes ago to tell her we wouldn't see them sucked. She had no idea what had just happened on the news because she was buying stuff for Christmas dinner.

Real horror show for those of you who celebrate Christmas and we’re looking forward to finally seeing loved ones. And of course, the good ones of us know it’s for the best and have been doing all they can to stop the spread but it doesn’t make it any easier. 
Edit - and of course they announce it at the end of the biggest shopping day for Christmas. The economy is obviously more important to the government.  

Edited by Keith Houchen
Cunts