Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

How come you're shopping every day? In giving you funny looks right now for that...

Because all my kids are autistic, I'm a single parent and they require certain things on a daily basis.

The local COVID Conspiracy gang had an Anti-Lockdown March through town today. All seven of them. Led by a twiddley-moustached guy with a megaphone in one hand and pushing his unicycle with the other. There was one guy at the back in a tribal face mask banging a djembe like it was 2am in a drum circle at Glastonbury festival. 

• Paid Members
On 11/7/2020 at 7:13 PM, wordsfromlee said:

The local COVID Conspiracy gang had an Anti-Lockdown March through town today. All seven of them. Led by a twiddley-moustached guy with a megaphone in one hand and pushing his unicycle with the other. There was one guy at the back in a tribal face mask banging a djembe like it was 2am in a drum circle at Glastonbury festival. 

There's a real tendency to think of all Covid-deniers and anti-lockdown-under-any-circumstances types as gammon-y Tory cunts or arch-libertarian selfish pricks, but it really is worth remembering how many New Age hippy wankers are shitheads too. 

Just now, BomberPat said:

There's a real tendency to think of all Covid-deniers and anti-lockdown-under-any-circumstances types as gammon-y Tory cunts or arch-libertarian selfish pricks, but it really is worth remembering how many New Age hippy wankers are shitheads too. 

So what your saying is that there are cunts everywhere in life? 

Encouraging news on the potential vaccine. Hopefully the others working on it are also seeing encouraging signs.

While I don't think we will ever have a full on cure, something to at least help with symptoms etc. would be a great move forward.

Helluva few days in the world!

18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

To be honest, I've seen way more denial from lefty-hippy types than Tory types, though that may just be my local area. All the tests I see on Facebook being deniers are working class people that I went to school or uni with for the most part. The vast majority of them are scathing in their views of the Tory government, but their views generally show a lack of brain cells.

24 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Hasn't someone from the WHO actually said lockdowns aren't all that effective? Or did I dream that? There's so much info flying around it's hard to know what's true, and even what wasn't imagined. I may be losing the plot, mind you.

12 minutes ago, David said:

Hasn't someone from the WHO actually said lockdowns aren't all that effective? Or did I dream that? There's so much info flying around it's hard to know what's true, and even what wasn't imagined. I may be losing the plot, mind you.

I've certainly seen this spouted on facebook but didn't have the urge to go and check it out. I assume that a lockdown is not considered a solution in the long term, it's a means to an end to bring down the numbers so that other preventative measures have a good chance of succeeding.