Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

2 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm okay. Just gone to get black out drunk instead. 

Don’t know if it’ll help you, but when I was in the darkest place I emailed Samaritans as I didn’t want to talk. It helped writing stuff down, which this place is good for too!

Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Don’t know if it’ll help you, but when I was in the darkest place I emailed Samaritans as I didn’t want to talk. It helped writing stuff down, which this place is good for too!

I'd second this. Emailing helped me. Gave me time to work out what I wanted to say. I eventually ended up in a Samaritans office with this amazing old lady. She genuinely saved my life. Those people are saints.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I can't be helped. I'm a fucking horrible human and I deserve the pain in my head. The only reason I should survive and just batter myself is so my nephews don't know what death is. 

Everyone can be helped.It's just a question on how much help someone needs. It sounds like you need help to realise that you are no where near a "horrible human" and to learn to like yourself again. Every one of us has positive and negative character traits. Most people can see those negative traits as exactly what they are; a small part of them that is out weighed by the good. Unfortunately, many of us have a brain that can't think like that and we need help putting things right, either by talking or chemically in the form of anti-depressants. 

Honestly, I've been exactly where you have been. In fact it was about 8 years to the day I turned a corner and hopefully it will be the same for you. 

29 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I can't be helped. I'm a fucking horrible human and I deserve the pain in my head. The only reason I should survive and just batter myself is so my nephews don't know what death is. 

Here’s the deal. You are in no position to make that call because you are the prosecutor. For a fair trial, you need to hear from the defence. So because it isn’t a fair trial, it gets thrown out of court. Come back with a balanced and neutral testimony and not a one sided one. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Shy Dad said:

You definitely can be helped! As Keith said, you can't sentence yourself, you need some objectivity and there's loads of us on here that can provide that. And I'm speaking as someone that has both found their best friend and as someone that had a belt around their neck after my divorce. 

I found that writing a list (sounds lame) of pros and cons, things I enjoy and don't enjoy and giving some thought to IF I chose to stick around, how I could improve, even slightly on the cons. Once I looked at the list I felt liberated. I knew where to put my energy and time and started trying to do those things. It was by no means easy and I still have major ups and downs but each morning when I get up I know there's one or two things I'm working on or hoping to achieve. 

There's many reasons you should survive, some of them you know and some you need to hear from others. Please stay safe and if you are getting tanked up, take the opportunity to ask some friends why they like you and get that positive energy going. 

It's no longer taboo and we've all had some experience of struggles in life and mental health problems be it personally, friends or family so have a drink, reach out to someone and make a wee plan for tomorrow. Even if it's setting an alarm, getting up, getting a drink of water or a coffee or something. Be safe. 

Edited by Suplex Sinner
Spelling

• Paid Members

I second what everybody else is saying @Shy Dad. You are most assuredly not a horrible person. We're all here for you to talk to. Please reach out to somebody for a talk.