Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

I dont know about panic buying loo rolls, but panic hairdressing appointments is a thing. The Mrs started getting calls right after the announcement from people trying to get in before lockdown.

@Ralphy Dont most your walks end up in the middle of nowhere anyway?  Id doubt anyone will pay any notice. 

Edited by quote the raven

1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

my legs are shorter than all of snow whites dwarves put together

I think most people's are, to be fair.

But anyway, did you hear of anyone being accosted by rozzers while out for a stroll last time? Pretty sure Johnson was on TV every night stressing that outdoor exercise was still to be encouraged.

So, a 28 day lockdown, supposedly planned to end on 2nd December. At best, that'll leave the daily infection rate remaining at a ridiculously high level. End the lockdown, go straight into Christmas and its ensuing carnage, necessitating a longer lockdown shortly after.
An alternative would be some kind of return to the tier system, which at best will stave Covid off to a degree, but ultimately won't work. It's Johnson's project & he's been right on absolutely nothing so far.
The other possibility is that they already know the lockdown must continue and will simply extend it. They wouldn't have the balls to announce it now.
I would ask why we always have to be 2 months behind, but it's simple, we have dangerously stupid 'leaders', lacking in courage, weak and scared. Find out what South Korea and New Zealand did and follow that shit. It's real easy. Man, I thought my education was disappointing, but I'm a fucking sage comapared to these chumps. The money and lives they've cost through piss-poor judgement, in so many areas. Anyway, Covid will be  having a lovely old Christmas...best ever. Ho ho ho.

16 minutes ago, KingofSports said:

Find out what South Korea and New Zealand did and follow that shit. It's real easy.

But you're forgetting: those countries don't love freedom. Our jolly old bulldog spirit is just too great.

No change for me, really. I've been masking up and maintaining social distance since March, regardless of changes in government 'tiers', switched a lot of non-essential shopping to online, and went WFH as soon as it was an option. If supermarkets return to limiting shopper numbers, that's fine by me because I'm one of the masochistic Brits who doesn't mind queueing if it means there's fewer idiots blocking the aisles standing back to look at the prices of baked beans while I'm doing my weekly shop. My parents, separated, got themselves on WhatsApp at the start and we've set up the family chat to keep everyone in the loop.

What I'd like is to get an antibody test. The virus might be evolving, but it'd be nice to know if I'm now immune to the original strain, and if I'd been a carrier so I could look at my behaviour over the last 6 months to see how I can better protect those around me.

I work in a restaurant which is in A garden centre, we locked down and closed at the end of March.. Spent 6 weeks of lockdown and then went to work in the garden centre for 6 weeks. We reopened in June, screen everywhere, everyone wearing masks, deep cleaning prosedures in place and got hammered, augest was the shits with the government scheme.. Hardly any staff because of limiting money spent. Customers not wearing masks, not socially distancing, openly lying if there in the same households... And now I'm back in lockdown from Thursday.... 

Restaurants are 2-3 percent of covid cases.. But we have to close... 

I seriously worried about my job now.. Will I have one to go back too?

We are going to lose so much money, we have all the Christmas stock in going up now.. 

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, TomJones233 said:

me and my wife are getting Archie our son into baking, So we're gonna spend the entire month baking and zooming with her parents in Zimbabawe, Come on chums, its time to be jolly

Why not volunteer to help those vulnerable and isolated in your area? Or even get a job working for the NHS somehow?

Or just continue to be snide on an internet wrestling forum, showing just how fulfilled your life really is. 

• Paid Members

On the plus side, I know who to vote for White Noise and Dolt this year. 

Easily the most irrelevant and skippable poster there's been on here in a long time. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a repeat account of a banned member. 

Lockdown for me is potentially going to be easier than the last one, luckily for my brain really. The new job still needs me to take in deliveries and clean the place, I'm not worried about having to go into schools (I may put a temporary complete stop on being registered to do supply work) and with new games, TV shows etc all coming out I'm not as worried about spending time in the house by myself. The fact I can still go on walks and spend time in the outdoors with a mate helps as well to keep me social and I'm gonna get back into doing quizzes again. 

In the hope it really is only a month I wish everyone well, try to stay positive and my messages are open for any conversations (I love learning about new topics and things) for people feeling a bit disconnected from things.