Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Anyone know how reliable this stupid app is? Just popped up and said I have to isolate for 10 days because I've been in contact with someone who has Covid. Be nice if it told you who so you could make a proper judgement. Fucking thing.

  • Moderators
Posted

If it told you who then you have the whole privacy issue and the fact that no-one wants the app spying on them and handling and handing out their personal data. So no thanks. It would be nice if we could have any confidence in the instructions, I agree. But telling you who is not the answer.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I get that, just sounding off.

I've had brief interaction with tons of people through football. Only spent any time with a few people, none of them I know to have it. So I have to stay in for ten days on sod all info. Frustrating. 

Posted

Jesus, you lot still banging on about Covid-19? Go play with your Xbox 360s and your iPhone 4s.

 

  • Moderators
Posted
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I get that, just sounding off.

I've had brief interaction with tons of people through football. Only spent any time with a few people, none of them I know to have it. So I have to stay in for ten days on sod all info. Frustrating. 

Are you going to do it? No judgement, genuinely curious. I don't have the app, but I also don't go anywhere at all or see anyone.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Speaking of frustrating.....

With an intended short break to Scotland, then Blackpool, then Scarborough not happening, I took advantage of a £17 flight to Tenerife at the weekend. As we were going to go into Tier 3 lockdown and I barely leave the house anyway at the moment, I figured a 14 day isolation would be easy enough, but as luck would have it, the need to isolate from Tenerife was lifted just as I arrived. All good.

Despite there being no need to isolate, I was contacted by someone claiming to be from the Corona Isolation Assurance Team on Tuesday, where a lady got my name wrong before telling me that she had my immigration form in front of her. She told me that she wouldn't be asking for any personal data, and then without stopping to draw breath asked me for my date of birth.
I told her that I'd need some reassurance that she was who she said she was, and asked where it was that I'd flown from (as this - just like my name - was on the form she claimed to have with her).
"The UK" she says. 
"No", says I, "I've flown into the UK. Where did I fly from?"
"Exeter", she replies.

?

That's too many red flags for me. At the risk of sounding racist, a lady with an Asian accent that doesn't have information that's supposedly in front of her and thinks Exeter is a country? Sounded too much like the kind of dodgy call center in India that claims to be from Microsoft. I told her she'd gotten pretty much everything wrong, and if she was legit then to get a colleague to call me with the right information, and then hung up on her.

Nobody called, so I figured I was right in my hunch that it was a scammer.

This morning the police turn up at my door, letting me know that the Assurance Team have reported that they'd tried to contact me, but got no answer and that they had concerns I was breaking isolation rules. 

To their credit, the police were spot on. I showed them the call log on my phone to prove that they had successfully called me, and as soon as I said I'd been Tenerife they already knew that I wasn't required to isolate. 

It's fair to say I'm really fucked off over this. How much of a cunt do you have to be when you'd rather make a false report to the police than admit to your supervisor that you'd ballsed up a phone call? 

I'm not even sure I can do anything about it, as there seems to be nobody taking complaints for them.

Cunts.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Are you going to do it? No judgement, genuinely curious. I don't have the app, but I also don't go anywhere at all or see anyone.

I'm pretty sure my wife will grass me up if I don't!

I think I'll have to just to be on the safe side for others. It says not to leave the house for exercise but I'm not doing that. I'll go insane.

  • Paid Members
Posted
36 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

I know another asymptotic person only got tested due to taking a new job in health care. Family all tested negative 

I said previously I got a positive test result back yesterday from a test on Tuesday. Asymptomatic but got tested due to an outbreak of my wife's ward. 

Makes me wonder just how many of us have had it and never realised.

  • Paid Members
Posted
22 minutes ago, ElCece said:

I said previously I got a positive test result back yesterday from a test on Tuesday. Asymptomatic but got tested due to an outbreak of my wife's ward. 

Makes me wonder just how many of us have had it and never realised.

Interestingly his best mate has now also tested positive, again no symptoms, and family unaffected.  I wonder if they will ever find out why in some cases you dont know you got it and in others its way more serious 

  • Paid Members
Posted
18 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Interestingly his best mate has now also tested positive, again no symptoms, and family unaffected.  I wonder if they will ever find out why in some cases you dont know you got it and in others its way more serious 

Probably a combination of the level of infection you encountered and the general health of the person being infected. 

  • Members
Posted

Not linking them as they're cunts, but two papers seem to have been briefed that there will be another national lockdown starting from Wednesday until December 1st, with a press conference on Monday by the Prime Minister. 

November's always shit anyway.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Got a notification on our covid app that I'm a close contact of a positive case, same as at least 4 other people in work. Maybe the jobs insistence that we continue to conduct lengthy probation interviews with marginalised people (themselves often coughing and spluttering & living in hostels, just out of prison or on the streets) in a small, windowless room with poor ventilation will change now the office will have to go unstaffed until all our tests come back.

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 hours ago, quote the raven said:

Interestingly his best mate has now also tested positive, again no symptoms, and family unaffected.  I wonder if they will ever find out why in some cases you dont know you got it and in others its way more serious 

I think it's down to exposure more then anything else. It's why so many young frontline nurses and doctors got it and died when they were healthy and had no pre existing health issues early doors of wave 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...