Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
25 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

What the nobhead conspiracy theorists don’t seem to comprehend is that incredibly rich incredibly selfish people will always look to turn any situation to their advantage. Jeff Bezos making a ton of money isn’t proof that he’s in on the world wide conspiracy to tank the worlds economy and cull the population. He’s just ideally placed to profit from it.

One of the central failings of conspiracy theories is, often, to mistake cause for effect. That Bezos can profit it from it doesn't mean he was responsible for it. That the US were able to use 9/11 as justification for their continued programme of regime change and back-door imperialism in the Middle East doesn't mean that they coordinated it to that end, just that they were able to capitalise on it. 

Posted
43 minutes ago, JNLister said:

I'm hardly the first person to point this out, but people probably like the idea of conspiracy theories because they imply somebody in authority has a competently organised and delivered plan for something.

Well it certainly has come full circle in Bournemouth. 

Posted
21 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Well it certainly has come full circle in Bournemouth. 

What are you referring to Keith? Bournemouth's my home town but I'm pretty out of the loop these days and I can't see anything I'd directly relate to your post.

  • Awards Moderator
Posted
1 minute ago, simonworden said:

What are you referring to Keith? Bournemouth's my home town but I'm pretty out of the loop these days and I can't see anything I'd directly relate to your post.

Former UKFFer and conspiracy enthusiast Dynamite Duane is a Conservative councillor there now, if I remember correctly.

  • Members
Posted
11 minutes ago, simonworden said:

What are you referring to Keith? Bournemouth's my home town but I'm pretty out of the loop these days and I can't see anything I'd directly relate to your post.

I'd never noticed it before.spacer.png

  • Paid Members
Posted

I was walking through Hammersmith on Friday night on my way home, every pub I walked past was fairly packed with loads of groups of six, no fucking chance any of them lived together in the same household but I'm guessing their pretending to be roommates or something. 

  • Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I was walking through Hammersmith on Friday night on my way home, every pub I walked past was fairly packed with loads of groups of six, no fucking chance any of them lived together in the same household but I'm guessing their pretending to be roommates or something. 

If you went past The Lamb & Flag, chances are the lads having a drink with each other do actually live together.

Posted
21 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

I was walking through Hammersmith on Friday night on my way home, every pub I walked past was fairly packed with loads of groups of six, no fucking chance any of them lived together in the same household but I'm guessing their pretending to be roommates or something. 

Maybe they were working?

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 hours ago, Vamp said:

Maybe they were working?

What job requires you to get pissed with your mates in a pub in a tier 2 location on a Friday night? I want that job.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

What job requires you to get pissed with your mates in a pub in a tier 2 location on a Friday night? I want that job.

Think it was more a reference to some pubs actively advertising to book a table under the guise of a “business meeting”, then you’re able to socialise with people outside of your household.

Posted
58 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

What job requires you to get pissed with your mates in a pub in a tier 2 location on a Friday night? I want that job.

Maybe it’s me getting it wrong but is it a pub frequented by men who are good with colours? And the workers were rent boys?

Asking for a friend. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

Think it was more a reference to some pubs actively advertising to book a table under the guise of a “business meeting”, then you’re able to socialise with people outside of your household.

Ah, I was unaware of this.

Posted

The Guardian are reporting 60000 UK deaths from Covid 19, anywhere I look it says 45000, anyone know where The Guardian's figures are coming from? 

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, Pogue said:

The Guardian are reporting 60000 UK deaths from Covid 19, anywhere I look it says 45000, anyone know where The Guardian's figures are coming from? 

Deaths with Covid-19 on the death certificate is very close to 60,000. Deaths within 28 days of a positive test is more like 45,000. 

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Considering how long Covid can take to kill people, the 28 days thing feels like an attempt to downplay things. I do get the issues around counting people who would have died in that time period anyway, but still, my understanding is that not many countries are doing this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...