Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Its interesting that the mandatory but not argument be bought up. I've just read an article regarding Ticketmasters plans for concerts for next year and it looks as though they are proposing that they will either need to see that you have been vaccinated within a year of attending the concert or proof of  a negative Covid test within 72 hours of attending a concert. I'll see if I can link to the article, it was via a link on Instagram.

Edit: The Independent have covered the same story it seems https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ticketmaster-covid-test-events-vaccine-b1721397.html%3famp

Edited by deathrey

I know the government's high on fishing right now, but do they class it as physical exercise?

Asking for an angler in the park this morning, sat by the pond in his traditional high-vis jacket to calm the fish.

• Paid Members

You'll find my whereabouts could be accounted for at the time. 

I've just had a letter, date November 4th, advising me to shield until December 2nd. I thought they'd said in one of Johnson's briefings that people don't need to shield? I've got to take it into work to show HR today. I'm surprised because I thought I had my diabetes under control, and because my fiancee, who I would actually consider extremely vulnerable, hasn't had one yet. Mind you letters usually came a day or so after mine when we were shielding during season 1. I'll be able to get Spider-Man finished, I guess. 

Yeah, I had an email on the evening of the 4th. They're not using the word "shielding" this time, presumably because they'd have to start doing the free food parcel deliveries again, but the advice is pretty much the same as it was over the summer. I'd only just got used to being outside and interacting with humans again in real life, and now I'm back home until whenever lockdown ends. If today's reports of a possible Eat Out to Help Out 2 turn out to be true, we'll all be encouraged to immediately head to the shops on December 2nd which will result in another lockdown somewhere around February or March. Something to look forward to, isn't it.

• Paid Members

If I was living on my own I wouldn't mind and would be pressing on, but I'm totally anticipating the my better half will be receiving the same letter imminently, and am much more worried about bringing something back to her. I had to take the letter in to show HR, and they've let me work today (I said I've come all this way, I might as well make a day of it), and furlough from tomorrow. I'm back in on December 2nd. 

• Paid Members

A small portion of an argument that's occurring on my Facebook tonight. Spoilering it, because of the sheer cuntery of it.

Spoiler

cv1.jpg.070d6b5b89c4465e56f7cdef0196ff6c.jpg

cv2.jpg.f803af3225b767cf265cae4f88cf59ee.jpg

cv3.jpg.7cbd3f1c82dff0f7d53eb12047d44cfc.jpg

cv4.jpg.a421d65f0822cb3dd6fc32293ea25805.jpg

Further down "O" tells of how religious he is, and that the Covid vaccine will keep you out of Heaven as puts the Devil's mark inside your body.