Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

9 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

A small portion of an argument that's occurring on my Facebook tonight. Spoilering it, because of the sheer cuntery of it.

Reveal hidden contents

cv1.jpg.070d6b5b89c4465e56f7cdef0196ff6c.jpg

cv2.jpg.f803af3225b767cf265cae4f88cf59ee.jpg

cv3.jpg.7cbd3f1c82dff0f7d53eb12047d44cfc.jpg

cv4.jpg.a421d65f0822cb3dd6fc32293ea25805.jpg

Further down "O" tells of how religious he is, and that the Covid vaccine will keep you out of Heaven as puts the Devil's mark inside your body.

I honestly don't know how you cope with seeing wankers like that 

• Paid Members
Just now, Pogue said:

I honestly don't know how you cope with seeing wankers like that 

The only person I know in that conversation is "E", who - considering he suffers massively from manic depression - is being surprisingly rational.

It's like that line from Se7en, where Brad Pitt wonders if crazy people realise they're crazy. I'm baffled as to how "O" can type that shite without stopping and thinking "You know what? None of what I'm saying makes any sense at all".

But yeah, WAKE UP!

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

The only person I know in that conversation is "E", who - considering he suffers massively from manic depression - is being surprisingly rational.

It's like that line from Se7en, where Brad Pitt wonders if crazy people realise they're crazy. I'm baffled as to how "O" can type that shite without stopping and thinking "You know what? None of what I'm saying makes any sense at all".

But yeah, WAKE UP!

I think there comes a point in conspiracy theories where you get in so deep that you completely lose the ability to think critically about it. My mate was part of a conspiracy group on Facebook and would forward me stuff like photos of "1G Phone Masts during the Spanish Flu!!!!!". He's not a moron - he just likes Aliens - but he said people in the group were actually discussing whether it was evidence of fucking time travel.

I also think fear plays a part as well. A lot of folk would rather believe that some mysterious group is secretly controlling everything because at least someone would be in control. Reality is actually more terrifying.

8 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

I also think fear plays a part as well. A lot of folk would rather believe that some mysterious group is secretly controlling everything because at least someone would be in control. Reality is actually more terrifying.

It can be a bit of a coping mechanism for some people. Thinking that people are controlling this stuff that happens makes it easier for them to accept the things that go on in the world, rather than the alternative that sometimes bad stuff just happens. 

• Moderators
9 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

I think there comes a point in conspiracy theories where you get in so deep that you completely lose the ability to think critically about it. My mate was part of a conspiracy group on Facebook and would forward me stuff like photos of "1G Phone Masts during the Spanish Flu!!!!!". He's not a moron - he just likes Aliens - but he said people in the group were actually discussing whether it was evidence of fucking time travel.

Yeah, an ex of mine is fully down the rabbit hole. It makes me feel quite sad really as they were such a lovely person nd now it seem that they've swallowed YouTube and every post on social media is about Qanon or some other tripe. 

11 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

2 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

It can be a bit of a coping mechanism for some people. Thinking that people are controlling this stuff that happens makes it easier for them to accept the things that go on in the world, rather than the alternative that sometimes bad stuff just happens. 

Sorry, I've lost track. Are we still talking about religion?

• Paid Members

Thankfully both the Mrs and I tested negative for covid. 

I posted the tests on Saturday and was emailed this morning. 

On a different note.

Health secretary Matt Hancock has condemned the hundreds of NHS staff and care home workers who have joined an alleged anti-vax group on Facebook.

The group, “NHS Workers For Choice, No Restrictions For Declining A Vaccine”, has gained more than 300 members since it was set up on 4 October.

The Times reported that the closed group includes a GP, A&E nurses, healthcare assistants, lab workers and private and public care home staff.

WTF is this madness. I bet some of my work mates are on that

• Moderators

300 people is nothing though really. As ridiculous as this is it shouldn't be getting airtime. Why is Hancock even commenting on it?

And sorry but care home workers are not medical professionals, and not everyone who works for the NHS is medical either. This is totally blown or of proportion, seemingly intentionally. What's the game here? This stinks.

What's your source on that quote?

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I got the updated shielding information via email a couple of weeks ago, but just received the paper version in the post today. The signatures on the back really irk me. One trying (but failing) to come across all matey and reassuring by not signing his surname, and the other unable to make the distinction between the letters "r" and "n" so it looks like he can't even spell his own name properly. But I'm sure they know what they're doing.spacer.png

• Paid Members
Just now, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I got the updated shielding information via email a couple of weeks ago, but just received the paper version in the post today. The signatures on the back really irk me. One trying (but failing) to come across all matey and reassuring by not signing his surname, and the other unable to make the distinction between the letters "r" and "n" so it looks like he can't even spell his own name properly. But I'm sure they know what they're doing.spacer.png

It's like one of those fill the blank pages. You could just right cock, lock, twatt, the list is endless

With the caveat that Piers Morgan is and always will be an arse-grade cockwomble, it's fun to set that aside a moment and enjoy his live evisceration of Matty Boy this morning: