Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

I'll answer that myself and say no, it fucking crippled them.

It crippled them, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out the difference between that and calling them 'cripples' which is obviously a lot closer to defining them by their problem.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

I don't understand people wanting to be more cautious over potential long term effects (for which there is no evidence at present) of a vaccine, but are willing to take their chances with the long term effects of Covid (for which there is already plenty of evidence.)

Full disclosure, my opinion may be influenced by the fact that I'm currently sick with the virus and paranoid about whether I'm going to be feeling the effects weeks, months or years later. 

I appreciate that vaccine development has been fast tracked and I'll admit that I haven't done any digging into the subject but is there any reason to believe that any significant number of people have suffered any genuine adverse effects from any vaccines of any kind? 

Edited by LazyMcLopez

1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

So if i dont get the vaccine and end up getting covid, and say killing my 78 year mum who mostly stays in anyway i should console myself with the fact that " cant prove it was me, she probably got it from someone at the doctors"

If we are going down that path, you could level blame at Tory voters for enabling their shambolic approach to Covid-19, which is a bit silly. I’m with you, act like you DO have Covid-19 and do what you can to ensure you don’t pass it on. 

Yeah that has my been my stance on this from the start, act like I have it and do whatever possible to keep others safe and hope they are of a like mind. I have had frustrating arguments with people who take the stance of

'99.9% survival rate and a vaccine with a 90% success rate, so why bother'

They seemingly cannot understand that 0.1% of 10% is much smaller than 0.1% of the entire fucking population. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, stumobir said:

Personally, I’m finding David’s lack of understanding of herd immunity quite funny. 

I have immunity from David. Once I put him on ignore I became inoculated against his bullshit and my life became so much better. The long term effect has been increased forum happiness, I recommend you all try it. 

• Paid Members

Not really sure why I'm posting here so I hope you don't mind...dad's lost it completely so I'm trying to hold it together.

Covid has taken my grandpa today. 98 years old. A 6'5, 17 stone, Olympic champion, war hero, giant of a man reduced to what looked like a 5 stone shell within  4 days of catching it. On a zoom screen. Everyone's said it but I am so over this year. 

Horrible seeing my old man completely devastated. Selfishly I can't wait until I get home tomorrow afternoon so I can get the guitar out, open a bottle and have a smoke on my own. 

Numb.