Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Really do not want to spend Christmas and Hogmanay alone as I will just get drunk for thewaytoomuchth time this year.

One of my cousins and her boyfreind live near, which is where I usually go, but they have been carefull. Rightly so.

I have worked with homeless charities on Christmas or Boxing days or over the bells a couple of times. Whether they need volunteers due to social dustancing is something I need to ask.

I don't mind my own company but there is a however and however there is a but this year.

Could be a lot worse but it eating at me.

• Paid Members

Heard an awful commotion from downstairs yesterday, and found my son stood on the landing. One of the teachers in his school has tested positive, and so now he's on two weeks house arrest.
Last night and this morning I've started coughing with a dry, chesty cough (I'm traditionally a throaty cougher). It's not constant, and they're few and far between, but I'm now questioning where the line between concern and paranoia is.

45 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Heard an awful commotion from downstairs yesterday, and found my son stood on the landing. One of the teachers in his school has tested positive, and so now he's on two weeks house arrest.

Hope you're all ok obviously, but you've made it sound as if your sons teacher tested positive, and then you caught your son burgling your house and now you've detained him.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Hope you're all ok obviously, but you've made it sound as if your sons teacher tested positive, and then you caught your son burgling your house and now you've detained him.

Little chattery bastard would make the worst cat burglar ever. The only time he stops narrating what he's doing while simultaneously telling all in earshot (living or otherwise) about how the toys switched on all by themselves in Close Encounters of the Third Kind is when he spots a mirror and has to have a dance off with himself and laughing hysterically.

He's possibly less than ideally suited to two home-working parents.

18 minutes ago, neil said:

That is amazing. Drunken Bakers is a strip that I always feel uneasy about after reading and chuckling at.

It is one of the finest literary works of the modern age for me, such pain, hatred and bitterness. Even Alan Moore loves it!

10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I had never heard of it. Having now seen it... Fuck me that's bleak.

A lad I used to work with said me and him were the drunken bakers. We’d get pissed and be bitter and bleak about the world whilst we hated each other. I had to laugh at the comparison when one of the bakers reminds the other that his wife left him on Christmas Eve and he hasn’t seen the kid since. Although according to my mate, I was the smaller, more hate filled and nasty one of the bakers. I fucking love the Drunken Bakers. 

• Paid Members

George Bestial is so grim. 8 Ace is my favourite, but I always look forward to reading Drunken Baker's as well. Ignatius Manatee's Dixieland Jazz Band is good too. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz