Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

3 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I think that's brilliant and hilarious

It's really interesting to see how they deal/have dealt with it, and I think the eldest understands the significance of it, and the kids obviously talk about it, but they still don't see it as we do.

The 7yo was telling me about a video she saw on YouTube about Pedro Pony (the one where he coughs, and they all get sick) but someone had dubbed over it with "Oh no, Pedro's got coronavirus" and she thought it was hilarious but caveated it with "Be sad if Pedro died though".

I suppose it's all to do with awareness of mortality, and I'm not sure at that age you realise the totality of death.

Our turn (maybe), 5yr old daughter now has to isolate for 2 weeks due to a confirmed case in her year group at school. Her 9yr old sister continues to go to school as normal, and my wife and I aren't required to isolateĀ just advised to ensure only 1 person goes out when we need to - which we did anyway for the most part. Living in a small town in a region with historically lower numbers this is the first time since day one that it's felt 'close', even when there was 1 other case a month ago in another year group it still felt relatively safe.

Time will tell, but if she has caught it then I'm going to assume we all will. Can't really isolate a 5yr old from others in the home, despite my suggestion we stick a bed in the attic....