Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

This thing about being able to meet up with one person from another household as long as it's outside in a park and you keep 2 meters apart from each other - does that cover getting your other half round for an almighty shag that rattles all the furniture in the flat below and makes the neighbours think the ceiling's going to cave in? I didn't notice anything along those lines on the news, but perhaps the bird upstairs has got some inside information from somewhere. The big tart.

Edited by CAREBEAR LUVVA

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

This thing about being able to meet up with one person from another household as long as it's outside in a park and you keep 2 meters apart from each other -

I didn’t realise this was banned. My daughters friends on walks have knocked on the door, stood at the end of the path and talked. So this wasn’t allowed and my kids, and parents, have broken the rules?

Fucking hell I'm agreeing with Morgan. End times confirmed.

Anyway a complete shit show.

Nothing but confusion from everyone in work, social distancing pretty much out the window (still trying my best but it's been a farce since the end of week two) and some falling back on the it's just a really bad flu/only kills the old and those in poor health shite which I'm now assuming is some sort of coping mechanism.

I've gone from worried to horrified.

• Paid Members

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I never thought I'd say Starmer should take a leaf out of Piers Morgans book in tearing the Tories a new arsehole.

In his opposition speech tonight he should've been furious and completely ripped Johnsons speech apart. Instead he sounded mildly inconvenienced, like he'd just left the shop and forgot the eggs.

21 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but I never thought I'd say Starmer should take a leaf out of Piers Morgans book in tearing the Tories a new arsehole.

In his opposition speech tonight he should've been furious and completely ripped Johnsons speech apart. Instead he sounded mildly inconvenienced, like he'd just left the shop and forgot the eggs.

He's in a difficult situation. On one hand he probably wants to do that, but on the other he's got to be careful of upsetting the "he's doing his best we all need to stick together now is not the time brigade".

No way should Starmer be making angry speeches at the moment. His line of questioning and focusing on detail exposes Johnson way more than banging the despatch box. He's hitting the right tone and coming across as an actual adult in all this. The time for him to really go will come. 

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I’m sure the media would have loved that. They really enjoyed it any time Corbyn would come off as snappy when answering daft questions. Morgan isn’t held to account by anyone and has set the bar low enough that people are impressed by him showing basic common sense while shouting. The leader of the Labour Party would get dragged over the coals for doing that 

Without us all wearing GPS trackers and carrying ID, how are they actually meant to police any of their measures? How do they prove you've been out the house more than an hour? How do they prove a group aren't a family? Surely this is almost entirely dependent on proles dobbing each other in.