Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Ok, let me rephrase it for you.

People would've taken the piss even more.

You don't think everyone would've magically become a golfer or an angler?

No, not really. It costs money and needs equipment. 

And it's fucking boring. 

Posted

With fishing and golf, whilst distancing is pretty much standard, I would think the reason they were banned along with everything else was so it didn't encourage other sports to continue. One rule for one etc. 

I've absolutely missed my fishing. It's the only thing I do outside of the house (other than work) and it really helps with my mental health. But I was happy to give it up whilst all this was going on. 

We've been told that we can start fishing again from tomorrow. But I'm still going to give it a few weeks before I do a full day. Most places will be rammed. I'll just do a few hours of an evening when it's quieter. 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

This thing about being able to meet up with one person from another household as long as it's outside in a park and you keep 2 meters apart from each other - does that cover getting your other half round for an almighty shag that rattles all the furniture in the flat below and makes the neighbours think the ceiling's going to cave in? I didn't notice anything along those lines on the news, but perhaps the bird upstairs has got some inside information from somewhere. The big tart.

Perhaps you should remind the bird upstairs of one of The Government's new guidelines ?

"Outside is better than inside"? Surely a hand shandy, rather than full penetration is more ceiling friendly?

Edited by Lord-Mountevans
Posted

If you want to see your family you can hire them as a cleaner or a childminder as long as you open a window? Is that right?

Posted
13 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

If you want to see your family you can hire them as a cleaner or a childminder as long as you open a window? Is that right?

Yeah that’s right. Also, if you don’t live with your other half, you can employ them as your au pair. That way they’re allowed in your house for you to shag them. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

If you want to see your family you can hire them as a cleaner or a childminder as long as you open a window? Is that right?

Or just use FaceTime and save yourself some cash.

20 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Suspect they're going to cut the 80% contribution in July to make it much less attractive. Certainly rumoured.

I might be wrong on this, but I think employees will stilll be paid 80% until October, just that from July the employer may need to top up to 80% if it drops to say 60% as rumoured. Thats how it comes across to me from his tweets. 

 

Edit - Have attached tweet below.

 

Edited by Briefcase
  • Paid Members
Posted

I'd understood a "face covering" is recommended but not mandatory, based on Johnson saying it's advised but you won't be fined for not wareing one. Is that right because some people I work with are under the impression it's now a legal requirement to leave the house. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I'd understood a "face covering" is recommended but not mandatory, based on Johnson saying it's advised but you won't be fined for not wareing one. Is that right because some people I work with are under the impression it's now a legal requirement to leave the house. 

Yes it’s not illegal as I believe the experts couldn’t be persuaded by the science that it works. As such they couldn’t be bothered putting it in to law. Or so I read on the BBC

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...