Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Hang on, your employer? The old bill? That's bloody worrying if they're giving out bollocks information. 

Exactly, which means is it bollocks information or is shite like this being pedalled by govt?

3 hours ago, Teedy Kay said:

So my employer is claiming social distancing doesn't have to be adhered to if it's in 15 minute bursts.

I've looked everywhere on line to prove or disprove this claim, but can't find anything.

Anyone know where this has come from and if it's being manipulated at all?

I know for contact tracing purposes over here, you're only considered a 'close contact' of someone diagnosed positive with the virus if you've been in close proximity (face to face, within 2m) of them for 15 minutes or more. Maybe they've heard similar and got it muddled up.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/testing/contact-tracing.html

Edited by DCW

• Paid Members

You'd think the Mail would be concerned about older people succumbing to the Covid-19, as it'd start reducing their readership numbers. 

13 hours ago, ElCece said:

Its come from your line managers hoop. Fucking nonsense. That isn't how spreading works. 

Ask them to show you that guidance. Hopefully your work has a union as I'm sure they would to see it. 

From the gov.uk:

Coronavirus (COVID-19): What is social distancing?

Coronaviruses can be spread when people with the virus have close, sustained contact with people who are not infected. This typically means spending more than 15 minutes within two metres of an infected person, such as talking to someone for instance.

https://publichealthmatters.blog.gov.uk/2020/03/04/coronavirus-covid-19-what-is-social-distancing/

Edited by MPDTT

49 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

It says at the top of that blog that the information within it has now been superseded.  The Covid-19 Secure workplace guidance from this week is current which is mainly stay 2m apart* and look the other way.

*Where possible.

Shouldn't be too hard for people to do, they've been doing it for 10 years.

I think the word 'typically' was key even when that information was seen as accurate. It's not necessarily the case that a carrier immediately coughs into your mouth but within 15 minutes the virus will probably have found a way to cross the bridge. The carrier might, however, immediately cough into your mouth.

I’m recovering from COVID at the moment and it’s a nasty illness. I’m fortunate enough not to have a cough, and if I did I think I’d be struggling. I’m breathless even when I walk from bed to the toilet. 

My partner, on the other hand, also has COVID and the only symptom she has is a lack of smell. If it wasn’t for that she’d be going about her day as normal.

The current UK approach seriously concerns me, you could easily assume you’re virus free, go on a bus, train or to work and cause serious harm to someone else. I really hope I’m wrong, but I think we’re heading for a disaster. And even if I’m right, the government will gaslight the country into believing it was in no way at fault.

So, railway news for South England commuter trains... yeah do your best guys

The train operators might try to operate queuing systems at busier stations, but no way of enforcing anything at piddly stops en route & you'll just have to rely on the common sense of your fellow passengers once on board

My commute is on the central line, on the journey in I get on at the end of the line and the train would be full by the 3rd or 4th stop, by the time it gets to Woodford it’s mega jammed and Leyton is an absolute free for all as is Stratford and Mile End. There is absolutely no way this can be policed. Not sure what they’ll do, I do know I won’t be getting on anytime soon. 

6 hours ago, Rapey Eyes said:

My commute is on the central line, on the journey in I get on at the end of the line and the train would be full by the 3rd or 4th stop, by the time it gets to Woodford it’s mega jammed and Leyton is an absolute free for all as is Stratford and Mile End. There is absolutely no way this can be policed. Not sure what they’ll do, I do know I won’t be getting on anytime soon. 

Me neither. I just sincerely hope all office workers are obeying the law and not travelling into London if they can do their job from home. Deeply irresponsible if so, as services should be reserved for essential workers and those who need to now go back to work as they can't work from home - and go to work they should, without the stress of tubes packed with professionals who have a work laptop, phone and internet connection at home.