Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

They're going to start manufacturing a vaccine before they know if it works so the if is very big.

What's the plan B if they then don't work, dump them down a mine in Wales? 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Tommy! said:

What's the plan B if they then don't work, dump them down a mine in Wales? 

Sell them as a legal high? 

I had to take a diversion due to road works and I had to drive along the green and the seafront.There were a lot of people on the beach and hanging around the green. They did mostly seem to be in little groups well away from each other, but there were people on the basketball court playing as well.As time goes on and people start getting more lackadaisical this is going to cause a second spike.

I think a second spike is inevitable, it's just how spiky it is.

Unless we pull a rabbit out of a hat with this vaccine, the 12 month goal HAS to be some sort of herd immunity leading to the virus being controlled.  So that means plenty of us need a brush with the virus and then recovery and subsequent immunity.  So I don't think the government wants or expects everyone to avoid the virus, they just want them to get it in a controlled manner.

If we do strike lucky and can innoculate 30 million people in September, the next conversation we need to have as a country is - what next?  If we just go back to doing everything we did as before, we'll either all die in 10 years of the next, much more lethal pandemic, or watch the world be consumed by climate change.

One thing that this whole thing has taught me is.. you CAN actually just fucking print money to get you through a crisis.  So if the key to solving climate change is just finance, then fuck it, keep turning the handle of the printer.  And introduce UBI as well, fuck it.

The very worst thing is if we all go back to jetting off on our holidays, eating tomatoes imported from Morocco (packaged in Ecuador), grinding up bats to cure our impotence and cramming ourselves onto overcrowded public transport to do in a sweaty office what can easily be done from home.

Which of course is what will happen.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My old mate is up to his old tricks again. I mean I say that, he’s whole feed is full of bile

EE04B407-0626-4166-87FF-EFBB163AE5DF.png

What an absolute piece of excrement. He clearly hasn't spoken to a single teacher about this. Scum! 

So if you sack the 'scum' who do you bring in to teach? The non lazy teachers who've refused pay all this time? 

3 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My old mate is up to his old tricks again. I mean I say that, he’s whole feed is full of bile

EE04B407-0626-4166-87FF-EFBB163AE5DF.png

Against better judgement I had a butchers at his account for about 30 seconds. Fucking lunatic.

His tweet moaning about his nan not being able to get menthol fags is just amazing.

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Against better judgement I had a butchers at his account for about 30 seconds. Fucking lunatic.

His tweet moaning about his nan not being able to get menthol fags is just amazing.

I cut all ties with him. He started going all Info Wars when my Dad went in hospital. We argued quite a lot about his views and in the end blocked him, but could see him on my alt. When someone told him my Dad died (I’d said nothing publicly) he sent me a message which started of reading like an apology from Priti Patel so I didn’t bother reading it to the end.

He told his friends he was gathering rocks to use at the protest/riots. But of course he didn’t go, just encourage anyone who listened to go (which isn’t many).

He’s also an official Disneyland Paris social media representative. I’m sure they are thrilled