Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

I'm fuming at the moment.

The force I work for originally signed all training off on risk till October.

It has now taken the decision to restart training, dragging people from all over the country to congregate at a training event, and then disperse back to their home towns.

Social distancing is neigh on impossible and the govt guidelines are being completely ignored as they can get away with it as we're 'on duty' even though it's training, training already signed off till October.

I'm livid at the pure irresponsibility they're showing.

And I'm seriously considering contacting the HSE.

Edited by Teedy Kay

• Paid Members

Well after taking to my union rep I have a choice stay at home don’t get paid or go to work with a underlying health condition. 

So looks like i have no choice but to dress up like a fucking space man and take my chances 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

This new guidance really has condemned so many people. Herd Immunity at it's finest. 

Sadly it seems this guidance was always in place. If you get classed as a key worker, unless you have a shielding letter then your fucked. My only other option is to attempt to go off long term sick with stress. Something that wont be helpful when i attempt to get a new job.

• Paid Members

I’ve just had an email from the nursery our 2 year old attends saying they will be open fully from 2nd June and have asked whether we will be putting him in from then. 

I won’t be sending him obviously, but how can they possibly keep toddlers and young children 2 meters apart? It’s a breeding ground for sickness at the best of times.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Oh.

FB_IMG_1589392651713.jpg

Yeah I pointed out to some “friends” sharing a sympathetic social media post that by doing a quick reverse google image search it was at least 10 years old if not longer. If you want to defend this circus running the country still, your prerogative. But no need to use a fake image.

Miscarriage spelt wrong. And he got her pregnant twice?

@Nick James are you familiar with Zorbs?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

It's from the 2002 Party Conference that image - the photo credit is from Stefan Rousseau.

I love hammering Johnson as much as the next man, but accuracy is key instead of sharing random memes. 

Edited by Max Power

On 4/27/2020 at 8:27 PM, KingofSports said:

Kiddie Covid. Is this the new thing? It's sounding like a possibility.

This is now being touted as a new thing, both here & in the U.S. The Kawaski Syndrome comparison was being made on the day this was posted. Wake the fuck up.