Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

The expected half hearted move to appease the impatient whilst being vague enough to keep everyone guessing.

Reasonably frightening is the "to give back the freedoms we need" part of the announcement.

Edited by Suplex Sinner

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Surely nothings changed in terms of her position?

The message was if you can’t work from home, you can now go to work, just don’t use public transport. Clear as mud.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

The message was if you can’t work from home, you can now go to work, just don’t use public transport. Clear as mud

I might have missed something, and I think the prime minister is the biggest cunt going, but how would what was announced tonight affect a hairdresser?

My ex is a PT and a Dance Teacher. She can't go to work. Nothings changed for her. Pretty similar situation no?

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

I might have missed something, and I think the prime minister is the biggest cunt going, but how would what was announced tonight affect a hairdresser?

My ex is a PT and a Dance Teacher. She can't go to work. Nothings changed for her. Pretty similar situation no?

But surely that’s because the buildings she works in our closed. She goes to peoples homes

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

My wife, a mobile hairdresser is stressing. She can’t work from home, but not can she keep 2m away from a client

I'd look into it in case there are exceptions. 

In Jersey we're a little ahead of the UK in terms of loosening lockdown, but they've made specific exemptions for certain businesses not being able to re-open yet, and it's chiefly any that require close physical contact - hairdressers, make-up artists, tattooists, etc.

48 minutes ago, courageous said:

but am totally lost as to how we're going to run a train service and enforce social distancing with unmanned stations & conductor-less trains

Found out who makes the Government‘s anti-homeless spikes and see if they fancy making them for train seats

12 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

But surely that’s because the buildings she works in our closed. She goes to peoples homes

Ok. Your wife can't work from home. Nor can she go to work as there can't be social distancing. 

So for her, surely nothing has changed?

Like Pat alluded to, I would've thought the health and beauty industry would be one of the very last to see any changes back to "normal".

Edited by SuperBacon

I thought the laying out of 'we are planning to do this but we might not be able to' was the right thing, it was the only thing in that address that had at least the semblance of honesty and clarity.

The rest was, once again, muddled and confusing for people. Its the way they want it. Something is seriously wrong in British politics at the moment and has been for a long while. Its quite disturbing. 

• Paid Members

My wife is also a Moblie hairdresser. We have taken today’s announcement as nothing had changed. Can’t distance don’t go back. 

If you can’t go see your mates our respective other halves can’t go in and out of peoples homes cutting hair 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Unless she's Olive Oyl and has 2 metre long arms, she's not cutting hair tomorrow.

Mr. Tickle could make a killing during these times.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The King Of Swing said:

Useless fat cunt.

Massive spike incoming then?

I figured we were going to get a second wave after everybody was celebrating Be day this weekend. Germany has just seen their cases increase following a relaxation of their lockdown conditions. 

I've got a friend works on the trains and he's trying to figure out why his bosses have been told to put extra services in days before the government have advised people not to use public transport. Well, it's obviously so they need more staff and have to get some back from furlough to try and ease the strain on the treasury. I presume I'll be back in work on July 1st unless they get a medical professional to write to me in the meantime and decide that usddently my diabetes isn't that bad and I can walk to Trafford Park and back from Ardwick every day instead. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Unless she's Olive Oyl and has 2 metre long arms, she's not cutting hair tomorrow.

To be fair, your arms still count as part of your body, I believe.

(I'm not a doctor.)