Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

The UK: Stocking up on bog roll and hand sanitiser.

The Merkins?

Edited by PJ Power
Trying to get Tw*tter post to embed

• Paid Members

Seems to be very little middle ground, as on most issues these days, between those in a blind panic and those who think there's nothing to worry about.

I listened to the PM last night giving his conference. I'm no fan of the guy, but he's flanked by the Chief Scientific Officer and the Chief Medical Officer who explained their rationale for all actions currently being taken, when they step things up, what they are doing to analyse the data and which experts are involved. They then immediately face questions from journos who just want to know why we're not isolating everyone, closing everything down, banning travel, banning gatherings, etc. They just seem determined to whip up panic.

He also said during his cosy regular chat on This Morning that one approach could be to take it on the chin and let it move through the population. Not to go all Duane but I’m sure he’d enjoy it killing off the vulnerable and being able to blame the NHS and sell it off. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Keith Houchen said:

He also said during his cosy regular chat on This Morning that one approach could be to take it on the chin and let it move through the population. Not to go all Duane but I’m sure he’d enjoy it killing off the vulnerable and being able to blame the NHS and sell it off. 

He'd be fucked if all his elderly support dropped dead.

1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

I listened to the PM last night giving his conference. I'm no fan of the guy, but he's flanked by the Chief Scientific Officer and the Chief Medical Officer who explained their rationale for all actions currently being taken, when they step things up, what they are doing to analyse the data and which experts are involved.

Compared to the likes of Trump, Conte and Jinping, Boris is the most rational leader in the room. Granted, that's not saying much, but still.

22 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I've just heard someone singing "Covid-19" to the tune of Come On, Eileen. 

You can fit it to pretty much anything that has 4 syllables. It fits quite nicely to Sepultura’s Refuse/Resist, if your a dirty metal listener

Edited by WyattSheepMask

1 hour ago, David said:

Compared to the likes of Trump, Conte and Jinping, Boris is the most rational leader in the room. Granted, that's not saying much, but still.

I’d go so far as to say that doesn’t need saying at all.

Michael Dawson better be ok 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/10/nottingham-forest-and-olympiakos-owner-evangelos-marinakis-reveals-he-has-coronavirus

And as always, David Squires is excellent and funny on it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2020/mar/10/david-squires-on-british-footballs-reaction-to-the-coronavirus-outbreak

• Paid Members
On 3/9/2020 at 9:01 AM, Chunk said:

Why? What's the harm in doing that? Seems reasonable to me. More unreasonable would be for someone to refuse to do it when asked. 

I avoid useing most antibacterial hand sanitizer or antibacterial hand wash, there's something in most of them which causes dyshidrosis to flare up. I have a brand I know I'm ok with if I use it infrequently, through trial and error, and stick with it.

For that reason I'm not using the stuff all over the office at work or a random bottle I find in the back of a taxi.