The rumour’s gone round the playground that only adults die from this.  The kids play this right, property prices are going to come waaay down.

In other “nothing to see” news, Italy have just quarantined 16 million people. 🤔

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

The kids play this right, property prices are going to come waaay down.

Just when I thought not calling this the Coronavirus thread was as middle class this could get. 

More cases in Coventry today, over the road at Unipart there were a couple sent home supposedly with it. Neighbour's now boycotting the local shop as they were both in their earlier.

A friend on Facebook last night made a status about the toilet roll panic  buying with the hashtags shitcoin and craptocurrency, which I thought was amusing.

Powers that be still haven't had the balls to cancel the Paddy's Day parade over here yet, which is a bit bizarre. 500,000 (mostly) tourists cramming into a fairly small city just seems like a bad idea with this virus still floating about. Throw in our crap hospital/healthcare system in general and it's a recipe for disaster.

Before that @DCW is that other great Irish parade that starts tomorrow, The Cheltenham Festival. Quarter of a million people over 4 days with horses and stable staff coming from all of the UK, Ireland, and France. How that is still on I don't know. 

I got in a taxi on Friday night, the driver turned to me and pointed hand sanitiser at me, I said “no I’m good thanks”, he then said “you can use it or get out of the car”.

At the time I just grinned and went along with it, however, I’ve been thinking a lot more about it and whilst it doesn’t bother me personally that much, he’s surely treading on some sketchy ground there isn’t he? Forcing people to rub liquid on their hands from his bottle, or they can’t have a ride. 

I appreciate ‘his cab, his rules’, so things like no eating and drinking, no muddy boots, no dogs etc, but telling passengers they must use his liquid sanitiser is absolutely crackers is it not? 

43 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I got in a taxi on Friday night, the driver turned to me and pointed hand sanitiser at me, I said “no I’m good thanks”, he then said “you can use it or get out of the car”.

At the time I just grinned and went along with it, however, I’ve been thinking a lot more about it and whilst it doesn’t bother me personally that much, he’s surely treading on some sketchy ground there isn’t he? Forcing people to rub liquid on their hands from his bottle, or they can’t have a ride. 

I appreciate ‘his cab, his rules’, so things like no eating and drinking, no muddy boots, no dogs etc, but telling passengers they must use his liquid sanitiser is absolutely crackers is it not? 

Why? What's the harm in doing that? Seems reasonable to me. More unreasonable would be for someone to refuse to do it when asked. 

9 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Why? What's the harm in doing that? Seems reasonable to me. More unreasonable would be for someone to refuse to do it when asked. 

How on Earth is it unreasonable to tell someone you don’t want to use their hand sanitiser? You might have a skin condition or intolerance to whatever the fuck is in his bottle. You should be allowed to refuse without being removed from a taxi. I highly doubt the company has it in policy either.

Additionally, most taxi drivers listen to TalkSport so they deserve to get it anyway.