Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Before that @DCWĀ is that other great Irish parade that starts tomorrow, The Cheltenham Festival. Quarter of a million people over 4 days with horses and stable staff coming from all of the UK, Ireland, and France. How that is still on I don't know.Ā 

• Paid Members

I got in a taxi on Friday night, the driver turned to me and pointed hand sanitiser at me, I said ā€œno Iā€™m good thanksā€, he then said ā€œyou can use it or get out of the carā€.

At the time I just grinned and went along with it, however, Iā€™ve been thinking a lot more about it and whilst it doesnā€™t bother me personally that much, heā€™s surely treading on some sketchy ground there isnā€™t he? Forcing people to rub liquid on their hands from his bottle, or they canā€™t have a ride.Ā 

I appreciate ā€˜his cab, his rulesā€™, so things like no eating and drinking, no muddy boots, no dogs etc, but telling passengers they must use his liquid sanitiserĀ is absolutely crackers is it not?Ā 

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I got in a taxi on Friday night, the driver turned to me and pointed hand sanitiser at me, I said ā€œno Iā€™m good thanksā€, he then said ā€œyou can use it or get out of the carā€.

At the time I just grinned and went along with it, however, Iā€™ve been thinking a lot more about it and whilst it doesnā€™t bother me personally that much, heā€™s surely treading on some sketchy ground there isnā€™t he? Forcing people to rub liquid on their hands from his bottle, or they canā€™t have a ride.Ā 

I appreciate ā€˜his cab, his rulesā€™, so things like no eating and drinking, no muddy boots, no dogs etc, but telling passengers they must use his liquid sanitiserĀ is absolutely crackers is it not?Ā 

Why? What's the harm in doing that? Seems reasonable to me. More unreasonable would be for someone to refuse to do it when asked.Ā 

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Why? What's the harm in doing that? Seems reasonable to me. More unreasonable would be for someone to refuse to do it when asked.Ā 

How on Earth is it unreasonable to tell someone you donā€™t want to use their hand sanitiser? You might have a skin condition or intolerance to whatever the fuck is in his bottle. You should be allowed to refuse without being removed from a taxi. I highly doubt the company has it in policy either.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Before that @DCWĀ is that other great Irish parade that starts tomorrow, The Cheltenham Festival. Quarter of a million people over 4 days with horses and stable staff coming from all of the UK, Ireland, and France. How that is still on I don't know.Ā 

Don't jinx it!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

How on Earth is it unreasonable to tell someone you donā€™t want to use their hand sanitiser? You might have a skin condition or intolerance to whatever the fuck is in his bottle. You should be allowed to refuse without being removed from a taxi. I highly doubt the company has it in policy either.

Fair enough about hand conditions etc. All I mean is that I don't think it's a big deal. If someone asks you to use it when you get in their taxi then why not just use it.

Surely he has the right to refuse service to whoever he wants? Ā I think it's a completely reasonable precaution to be honest.

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

Are you sure it wasnā€™t Fake Taxi? That seems to happen a lot on there.Ā 

Well if it was it was fucking rubbish. All of his questions were rhetorical and virus focused. I alsoĀ ended up Ā£9.50 down.Ā 

Ā