Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Schoolchildren in Wuhan under quarantine still get assigned homework via smartphone app, conspire to flood it with one star reviews to get it taken offline!

https://mashable.com/article/wuhan-kids-app-coronavirus/?europe=true

• Paid Members

So oddly enough the current advice at work (a large insurance company) is to NOT work from home. Seem's the VPN infrastructure is straining under the weight of everyone choosing to stay at home and causing loads of network issues. So we've all got to come in the office unless we have good reason.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Chilly McFreeze said:

So oddly enough the current advice at work (a large insurance company) is to NOT work from home. Seem's the VPN infrastructure is straining under the weight of everyone choosing to stay at home and causing loads of network issues. So we've all got to come in the office unless we have good reason.

A load of us at our office have been working from home today, its not something they allow or really want to let happen from what I can tell, to test how well the architecture can handle it should they need to get people working from home. 

The sensible thing I'd assume is get essential people on home office and every one else split the week or just be on call to do something if needed by the essential core of heads. 

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Is the stockpiling of toilet roll based on how much wanking will increase when we're all working from home for a month?

I buy mine in bulk from Amazon 👍

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51827356

Health minister and Conservative MP Nadine Dorries says she has tested positive for coronavirus.

Rather cleverly, she's been in and out of Parliament all last week, and in No 10 cabinet meetings, whilst carrying the virus.  

• Paid Members
56 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Anyone know if 55-year-old Johnson has any pre-existing health conditions? Wondering how hard I need to be crossing my fingers here.

Nymphomaniac

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Anyone know if 55-year-old Johnson has any pre-existing health conditions? Wondering how hard I need to be crossing my fingers here.

A dying pm would do wonders for level of panic. 

Back on current events interest rates are now back to the lowest level 0.25 percent  I wonder if vat will be cut later. 

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members

Jersey's government guidelines were updated yesterday, after the first case confirmed locally. Our boss, in their infinite wisdom, decided to follow up on this with a mandatory all-staff meeting. Because no better way of preventing the spread of an infectious disease than cramming everyone in a single room.

14 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

A dying pm would do wonders for level of panic. 

I'm sorry, I'm trying my best to picture a moving montage as Elton sings "Goodbye, England's rose," but I can't keep a straight face.