Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Joe Blog said:

First confirmed case in newcastle has been announced today. See what fuss this causes.

You can't get a Geordie to put on a coat when they are going around the Bigg Market at 2am on a freezing February night. You've no chance of getting them to take this seriously. 

11 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

You can't get a Geordie to put on a coat when they are going around the Bigg Market at 2am on a freezing February night. You've no chance of getting them to take this seriously. 

We sometimes put a long sleeved shirt on but it is widely frowned upon. 

Apparently a South Korean brewery is donating some of its pure alcohol to be used in hand sanitiser production. If I was a PR exec for Corona I'd be suggesting they follow suit.

Really, all the empty shelves show is how effective just-in-time ordering stock systems are usually.  Nobody has more stock than they need day to day. Unfortunately it means a run on a particular product creates empty shelves straight away.

I really did want some hand sanitizer but that's clearly out of the question now.

Me and the missus went through a period of watching a lot of zombie/post apocalypse movies and spotted how there's always some people who seem well prepared for such things - preppers, I think the term is.  So somewhat as a joke, we decided to institute our own apocalypse preparedness system.  We have a cupboard full of tinned and dry goods that we continually restock so we have a good 3 months worth of food in the house.  We also have a few decent medkits with bandages/antiseptic etc.  And we have decent supplies of gas canisters (for the BBQ) that we could use to cook.

Who's laughing now motherfuckers?

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Loki said:

Really, all the empty shelves show is how effective just-in-time ordering stock systems are usually.  Nobody has more stock than they need day to day. Unfortunately it means a run on a particular product creates empty shelves straight away.

I really did want some hand sanitizer but that's clearly out of the question now.

Me and the missus went through a period of watching a lot of zombie/post apocalypse movies and spotted how there's always some people who seem well prepared for such things - preppers, I think the term is.  So somewhat as a joke, we decided to institute our own apocalypse preparedness system.  We have a cupboard full of tinned and dry goods that we continually restock so we have a good 3 months worth of food in the house.  We also have a few decent medkits with bandages/antiseptic etc.  And we have decent supplies of gas canisters (for the BBQ) that we could use to cook.

Who's laughing now motherfuckers?

image.png.71c04d281094a69b445175d1dc544eb2.png

Edited by John Matrix

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Dead Mike said:

The rest of us who are now going to come round & rob you for your lentils.

He'll have made off with it all in the boot of his poarche well before that, leaving behind nothing but a few shitty fingerprints and a photo of Stalone signed by Carl Weathers