• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Add me to the list of people having ridiculous anxiety about this. My mum has had breathing issues for years. My wife had pneumonia last year. I don't really give a shit about me but I'm definitely worried about it getting anywhere near them.

I've taken to switching off news alerts etc as I can't be dealing with constant notifications of another person having it. It's too much.

There's a middle ground somewhere, I think. Too many people coming out with 'pfft, nothing to worry about - it's only people with immunity issues and the elderly that are at risk' are really minimising the risk to those people. It's like with vaccination - it's not just about YOU catching it, it's about protecting those with immunity issues.

However, if you're taking it seriously, and helping them be sensibly preventative, then you're doing more than most already.

Edited by Chris B
  • Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

No wonder she’s worried!

Posted Images

• Paid Members

I have to admit to being worried too. My parents are in their early 70s, and they're getting back from a cruise in Scandinavia tomorrow. Chances are we'd have heard something by now if they had been exposed to it, as there are a load of people on that ship, but still can't help worrying.

We have an isolation cabin at the hospital i work at, just in case, but its making people panic just seeing it.

Having had Whooping Cough October-December (which i thought was just some old victorian disease) i don't really fancy picking this up, that literally knocked my immune system to shit, the only plus side being i lost a ton of excess weight whilst having it

1 hour ago, quote the raven said:

Part of me wants to be sensible and not add to it and start buying and hoarding but then I don’t want to run out if shit roll.

That's exactly it. It's all very well sitting at home laughing at the lunatics, but if their insanity's going to leave you without the basics, then it might be time to put pants on your head and join them.

I'm due to fly out to Germany on Friday morning to attend wXw's 16 Carat Gold tournament and I'm really not liking my chances. Something like 188 confirmed cases now in Germany and a lot of them are in the Dusseldorf (where we're flying to), Cologne and Dortmund. 

I'm not you and I don't know how much that wXw show means to you, or how much you stand to piss away by not going, but I think I'd personally be knocking any inessential overseas travel on the head for the time being. Especially to a high-risk region, but even elsewhere, you don't know where your fellow passengers in that flying sardine can began their journey.

• Paid Members

Live your life. Could drop dead tomorrow regardless. 

Don't be ignorant to advice but don't sit around waiting for something that might never happen. 

IMO.

I am fearful, given the fact I have a usual germ/illness phobia but I'm more scared of running out of essentials if there is mass panic/quarantine. Also fuck knows how I can work from home with twin three year olds running wild but it will be expected.

The media definitely don't help though. Go on BBC news and they have a live updates page posting messages and stories very regularly. 

I also caught a bit of a Sky News special at the weekend and one of the experts was trying to make the point about not panicing. The issue with this advice however was that the programme was called Global Emergency and had a red big screen with these words right behind them.