Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

USA reports a record number of new cases, as does Florida (with 15,000 new cases).

Sounds like an ideal time to reopen Disney World to the public!

Well, it might result in the death of a lot of Disney stans so every cloud. 

I've been reading about a couple of wrestling schools that have either been open for a week, or are due to open on the 25th.
You can't get your eyebrows threaded, but you can roll around with other sweaty people?

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, TheSurgeon said:

You can't get your eyebrows threaded, but you can roll around with other sweaty people?

A sex worker / swinger around this way has restarted business with a covid safe environment. 

The video demonstration of how the clients top half gets zipped into a pop-up tent before she gets within 2 meters of his 2 inches is the most grim thing on the Internet. 

And anyone who says wrestling training can't happen with social distancing has never paid £250 to watch wrestlemania 7 with Jake Roberts. 

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, TheSurgeon said:

I've been reading about a couple of wrestling schools that have either been open for a week, or are due to open on the 25th.

There are drills you could do that aren't rolling around with people. I know karate schools that have opened up, because they can still do kata, whereas judo and jiu-jitsu classes aren't able to open yet because you can't teach it without that level of extreme physical contact.

In wrestling, you could still have people bumping, running the ropes, and various exercises, without ever having to lock up with another person. I'd still question the value of it all, though.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

There are drills you could do that aren't rolling around with people. I know karate schools that have opened up, because they can still do kata, whereas judo and jiu-jitsu classes aren't able to open yet because you can't teach it without that level of extreme physical contact.

A lot of BJJ schools are doing online zoom classes, its not the same as drilling/rolling with someone, but better than nothing.

• Paid Members
55 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

In wrestling, you could still have people bumping, running the ropes, and various exercises, without ever having to lock up with another person. I'd still question the value of it all, though.

Obviously, it's potentially of far more value to the school than the students.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

But you've still got multiple sweaty people sharing the ropes, ring, mat, benches, toilets, kitchen, etc.

Of course, you would need to be really on top of cleaning/disinfecting everything, managing numbers, and so on, to such an extent that it wouldn't really make any of it worthwhile. 

• Members
42 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

How's everyone doing with going out now lockdown has 'eased'?

I must admit I haven't been anywhere at all. Probably more through nerves than anything.

What's the new world looking at? Did you feel comfortable?

I'm going out when I need to, but it turns out that's not a great deal right now. When I do, I'm cautious but by no means terrified of the world. Turns out I'm saving a fair bit of money and unnecessary calories by not going out much so I'm fine with it.

I went to Homebase a few weeks ago and with the outdoor queueing for half an hour and the lack of this common sense the government keep talking about, I'm not in any rush to return to normal. Maybe when I'm working again I'll feel different. I'm certainly not in any rush to go to ASDA or a pub any time soon. I don't feel like I need to and I'm one less person for others to avoid.

Edited by Arn Anderson's Darb

I went to Aldi the other day and it was a absolute shambles, I have been going since lockdown started and it has always been well policed and people were by and large sensible. 

People chatting inches from one another, people reaching past each other for what they wanted to buy. I had to tell one pisshead to fuck off away from me. He was stood at my shoulder stinking of whiskey at 11 in the morning. 

We are a truly a shameful nation.