Stuff that makes you feel old

tiger_rick

Vague memories of watching Adrian Street tagging with Bobby Barnes as The Hell's Angels & even vaguer memories of Ricki Starr. On a non-wrestling note, I can remember when seeing real Hells Angels wasn't that unusual, as well as occasional groups of Hare Krishna peeps. Clinically, I should be dead by now. Perhaps I am.

I feel old when I realise we're not far off having people on the WWE roster who were born after WCW/ECW closed but that many on the current rosters have to be too young to remember them. When I think about that I do wonder what wrestling got them into the business. Someone like Tyler Bate must have grown up watching 2002 onwards in the same way many of us watched the 80s/ 90s. I do have to wonder what it was like watching those years without reading what people said on the internet.

• Paid Members

We've had kids come to training at 16-18, and they talk about the Monday Night Wars/Attitude Era as if it was some mythical golden age that they could only dream to have lived through. They've grown up on nothing but the WWE version of events around it, and it really does make you feel old. 

We've had kids come to training at 16-18, and they talk about the Monday Night Wars/Attitude Era as if it was some mythical golden age that they could only dream to have lived through. They've grown up on nothing but the WWE version of events around it, and it really does make you feel old. 

Bit like Britpop

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Michael_3165 said:

Also the fact Austin retired 16 years ago is also madness. 

Especially as (i think) he's now been done longer than he was active.

Edited by seph

Just watching Wrestling these days makes me feel old, coupled with how little WWE has changed pretty much since the end of the Attitude era/Monday Night War. @IANdrewDiceClay Posted a Bret Hart promo on twitter earlier today from the night after WM13 in which Bret mentioned about facing Shawn Michaels “last year”, but everything had changed so much in the space of 12 months it might as well have been 10 years.

Brock’s been back 7 and a half years, and nothing seems to have changed in that time. In the same timeframe the other way of his return, he’d left his initial WWE run, had a failed attempt at playing in the NFL, a run in New Japan, became the UFC Champion, nearly died, returned to the UFC unifying the Heavyweight titles before heading back.

Fandango has been around nearly 7 years too, that’s nearly as long as Steve Austin’s entire WWE run and the entire existence of ECW

On 12/6/2019 at 5:18 PM, seph said:

Especially as (i think) he's now been done longer than he was active.

You are correct. Austin started in 1989 and finished in 2003 meaning he had a 14 year career. He's now been retired 16 years.

• 1 month later...