Stuff that makes you feel old

tiger_rick

• Awards Moderator
4 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

I like The Miz. He's generally decent at all aspects. But for 16 years, if you asked me to pick out a good Miz match, I could barely tell you one. Only the ladder match with Lawler comes to mind. Even for moments or runs, the only things that I can think of are THAT promo on Bryan on the Smackdown after show, him dressing as John Cena for that total Divas knock off, him calling out Cena in 2009 (?) and the cash in for the title. 

I'd say anecdotally that I like Miz & Morrison and his angles with Riley and Sandow but none of it is more memorable than that.

16 years.

For me it's the fact it's been 9 years since he was WWE Champion. It really feels like nothing's happened with him since then. 9 years!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Some weird backstage documentary appeared on my Facebook video feed today covering the debut of the Dude Love character in WWF. Him and Vince Russo discussing the character, Russo in the crowd watching the debut. I'd never seen it before, but I'm assuming it's maybe an extra from Beyond the Mat? Either way, it was fun to watch and it was amazing how vividly I remember seeing that debut.

Then I did the maths and realised it was twenty three years ago. Fuck, I'm old.

2 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

For me it's the fact it's been 9 years since he was WWE Champion. It really feels like nothing's happened with him since then. 9 years!

Clearly you've forgotten that time he came back with a slight bit of stubble and Cole spoke to his new "aggressive streak".

The above sentence works for most of the undercard from the last decade too, mind you.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Supremo said:

Some weird backstage documentary appeared on my Facebook video feed today covering the debut of the Dude Love character in WWF. Him and Vince Russo discussing the character, Russo in the crowd watching the debut. I'd never seen it before, but I'm assuming it's maybe an extra from Beyond the Mat? Either way, it was fun to watch and it was amazing how vividly I remember seeing that debut.

Then I did the maths and realised it was twenty three years ago. Fuck, I'm old.

Beyond the Mat is the most likely answer. There were "special editions" on both VHS and DVD, each of which had (different) extra unused footage.

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members
On 2/6/2020 at 6:56 PM, Frankie Crisp said:

Rock/Hogan will be the halfway point of every Wrestlemania when this year’s one is over with.

In four years time the company will have been WWE longer than it was WWF.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, seph said:

In four years time the company will have been WWE longer than it was WWF.

It’s difficult to believe because when you look at the difference between the WWF at the beginning of that time and the end, then compare it to WWE in 2002 and today, it’s stunning how one period represents so much change and the other so much stagnation.